Obedience training

Go down

Obedience training Empty Obedience training

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01 2011, 18:43

I am soooo proud of my boy. In the last 3 days he's learned to sit, wait, lay down, give one paw then the other, high five, and I've just taught him to roll over. I thought he might forget one command as he learns another but nope, he's doing them all. What a smart puppy! Smile

Back to top Go down

Obedience training Empty Re: Obedience training

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01 2011, 20:45

good boy charlie!!! Ive been trying to teach mine to high five for ages but i dont think im doing it properly coz they aint getting it lol. How did u do it?? x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01 2011, 20:53

Nice one. Clever boy Charlie thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01 2011, 21:01

Go charlie... that is a cleve little man you have there Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01 2011, 21:42

Aww go charlie!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01 2011, 22:35

blaze666 wrote:good boy charlie!!! Ive been trying to teach mine to high five for ages but i dont think im doing it properly coz they aint getting it lol. How did u do it?? x
I got him to give me his paw then just held my right hand up facing him and said high five. Cos he'd just given me his paw, he automatically put his paw up and touched my hand. He's awesome, I cant believe he's learned so much in 3 days. Gonna teach him to play dead and lay down and put his paws over his face as if he's shy next. He'll do anything for a bit of sausage, he's very food oriented so that helps! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01 2011, 22:48

I think this is where i am having trouble with Holly.. She doesnt seem to like food that much.. she learnt to sit and stay for a puppy treat. But now she just looks as if to say... yuck sit that up ya bum.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Jan 01 2011, 23:47

Aww go Charlie!! Mel mine isn't food oriantated at all, makes it slightly harder, but they will get it, persistance!! and just eventually! Been trying to get Moo to do some of those commands but she never gets it and looks at me like I'm some sort of odd ball!!!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 01 2011, 23:54

Even if they dont like food as rewards, most dogs cant resist a bit of chicken. Might be worth trying that. Maybe your dogs arent great with obeying commands yet but at least they're house trained, I'm still working on that with Charlie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 04:24

Shontelle,
I guess you are right.. we cant have it all.. I dont think Holly is "house" trained... I think she is house timed... if that makes sense... more like we watch her like a hawk and NEVER leave her on her own to wander the house...
I have full belife that she would wee given a chance... so chin up hunny... charlie is a smart Lad and he will be fully trained and giving you a high five for a wee out side in no time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 09:40

Mel Skora wrote:I think this is where i am having trouble with Holly.. She doesnt seem to like food that much.. she learnt to sit and stay for a puppy treat. But now she just looks as if to say... yuck sit that up ya bum.

Dempsey's the same. I have found a treat he really likes, though. It's Wagg for sensitive stomachs. BUT he'll only do what I want for those inside - outside I have to rely on how much he thinks he can get away with!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 09:44

Mel if holly isnt that bothered about food try training her with a toy.....i no ive said this a million times lol but my Ty really isnt bothered about treats or food but it hugely toy motivated and i have found training him soooo much easier since i realised just what he will do for a squeaky toy or a tug with a rope lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 10:02

You're so lucky - outside, Dempsey isn't motivated by anything other than "how much fun can I have before she catches up with me?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 10:39

Lol. Gotta love our dogs. They're all soooo different, I wouldnt have Charlie any other way tho and I'm sure you guys feel the same about yours Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 14:32

Caryll wrote:You're so lucky - outside, Dempsey isn't motivated by anything other than "how much fun can I have before she catches up with me?"

Well he was much the same as that caryll, Ty is and always has been very ummm highly strung, constantly alert and watching so off lead he was a bit of a nightmare as anything, even a leaf flying in the wind would catch his attention and he would be off like a shot and the fact i had a selection of cut up cheese, sausage, chicken AND hotdogs in my hand wouldnt mean jack. x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 14:38

Charlie loves chicken, cheese and sausage! That's what I use for training. He'd prob do a backflip for a bit of chicken, hmmmm, maybe that'll be the new trick I teach him Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 14:52

lol bless him x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 17:35

I always waited for them. I had Blondy on her own for a little while when ever she would sit on her own i'd use the word sit and give her a treat she got it quickly. with taz when it came to the paw trick, i'd pick his paw up say paw and give him a treat i done this a certain number of times and he got it and done it on his own. and so on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 02 2011, 18:12

Charlie is fab. He got the sit command soooo quick cos I wouldn't put his food down until he'd sat down nicely for it, didnt take him long to get that one! The paw and other paw he learnt in about 5 mins, taught him high five the next night, he got that almost instantly. Lay down was a bit harder, he really didnt want to do it, took about half hour for that one with a couple of breaks. He still sometimes isnt sure which way to go when I ask him to roll over but he does it eventually. Before I gave him his tea tonight, I asked him to sit, give one paw then the other, high five with one paw then the other, then lay down then roll over. He did it all. He is such a fast learner! My mum was here today and she was so shocked when she saw it. She said she's never seen such a young pup do all that on command and she'd never seen a dog high five before. Mum was initially dubious about me getting a staffy but she's warning to him. She really likes him until he jumps up on her! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down