Clicker Training

2 posters

Go down

Clicker Training Empty Clicker Training

Post by White Mon Dec 27 2010, 13:26

Hi All,

Just a quick query on whether any of you have tried clicker training? i have heard this seems to be a very common method these days and is growing quickly. My new arrival is only 6 weeks old and i am starting to think about the technics for training. If alternatively you have suggestions please feel free to contact me. While im on, seasons greetings to all and all the best for 2011!

White
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Clicker Training Empty Re: Clicker Training

Post by Cornish-Muscle Mon Dec 27 2010, 13:45

I started with clicker training, but I was always forgetting the take the clicker out on walks, so in the end gave up, I've heard it's a really good way to train them. For the short time I did do it, it went well.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 13:49

Clicker is to reward good behaviour but having more than one dogs its difficult i click to tell one its behaving but the other one being a pain in the backside thinks its doing a good thing also. But even when i only had Taz it worked for training but not for his natural canine behaviour so i just stuck to dog phycology. It really is upto the owner you got to pick a method that you are confident with one you understand and gives you a big head for knowing it Or dogs tend to walk all over you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 14:31

I personally have never tried clicker training but everything I've heard about it has been positive. All you can do is give it a go. If its not for you, try something else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27 2010, 16:52

If you have 2 dogs buy 2 different coloured clickers and use one for each dog. Dogs can reconise their clicker from thousands. Amazing!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down