how did u introduce a pub to an existing staff ?

2 posters

Go down

how did u introduce a pub to an existing staff ? Empty how did u introduce a pub to an existing staff ?

Post by Laws Mon Jun 04 2012, 14:41

hey all , just wanted to ask how u all went about introducing a new pup to ur existing staff ? We have had ziggy two months now , and have chatted about wanting another dog in the future wont be for another year or so yet . Ziggy is two , a major fuss pot , can sometimes be abit dominating with other dogs no aggression from him however (hes still entire at the moment ) We just wondered how you all went about introducing a new pup , what precautions and pre plans u made etc ? Ive been told to go with a female (we dont plan to breed however ) .

Any advice or points of concern ? just want to do our research before hand , even tho the prospect is aaages away hah!

Thanks Laws and a snoring ziggy Smile
Laws
Laws
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Ziggy
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

how did u introduce a pub to an existing staff ? Empty Re: how did u introduce a pub to an existing staff ?

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04 2012, 14:46

I'd go with a female as well. The best way is, if you're getting a pup from a breeder, is to ask them to give you a teatowel or an old towel which has been rubbed on the pup, and give the pup an old teatowel etc that has been rubbed on Ziggy.

Then, they'll each recognise the other's scent. Then it's a matter of watching them carefully & stepping in when you think one or other of them have had enough.

Back to top Go down

how did u introduce a pub to an existing staff ? Empty Re: how did u introduce a pub to an existing staff ?

Post by Kathy Mon Jun 04 2012, 17:06

Sounds like you are being very responsible and sensible in asking for advice, well done.

Unfortunately I cannot help you myself as I have only ever had one dog at a time however there are plenty on here that do have more than one and I'm sure they will be able to advise you appropriately.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down