SBT & APBT History

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SBT & APBT History - Page 2 Empty Re: SBT & APBT History

Post by Floyd1138 Tue May 15 2012, 17:16

First topic message reminder :

caryll: i did say,..............
Floyd1138 wrote:And yeah there is a difference between pedigree terminology and purebred. You can have a purebred staffy with no pedigree, the later just means history and provable blood line

Assuming its a cross coz its no paperwork is a very political and lawful stance,.. very politically correct. very post 'DDA 1991' !! In the eyes of the law, if your full bred/ pure bred staff doesnt have paperwork, technically it can be seen as a pitbull type cross. If your unregistered staff is suspected of being a pit cross then a dog expert from police or local authority will be appointed by the court to 'judge' your dog.
Is there a massive question mark over every staffy you see, on the street, in a photo, or when at the park? Do you think to yourself.. hmm it looks like a staffy but i cant be sure since there is no paperwork dangling from it? Laughing

There are many many many staffs out there which are crossed with pits, but yet still have KC reg paperwork. Whilst most would argue about staffs and pits being same breed, only a bigger chunkier american bred bloodline,.. the bare facts are pits were here before the ban, and were bred into untraceable lines here.
Not every 'breeder' has a plush farm with custom built spotless kennels,.. a large amount of breeders are regular people who dont do it as a living.
KC paperwork is just that, a piece of paper. It was and is all to easy to say any dog you wish (within reason) sired your litter.

Ethics, morals and breed integrity are not high up on the chav council estate breeders list that want a bigger meaner staff. Just look at what goes on in usa with certain lines, bulldogs and the such have been re bred into certain lines to achieve a desired look and i believe pits aint kc reg in usa but amstaffs are? anyone? This doesnt stop unscurpulous back street breeders who are trying to make a quick buck.

The truth is any of our lovely sbt's with full pedigree and kc reg, large old family trees etc can be crossed with irish or apbt's. You will never know!

If we were all purists and assumed every staff without a kc bit of paper is crossed without even seeing it, then perhaps we should look at our lovely wee smiling friend laying on the floor next to you and put that question mark on their head also.

IF hunni was sired by a jack russell, the pup may show nothing of the JR, genes can skip generations, be overpowered or rendered dormant or switched off or triggered.

I dont judge a dog on how it looks or what pedigree it has that someone wrote on a bit of paper. Unless theres clearly a visable other breed trait to the staff then i would never assume its a cross!!!!
Floyd1138
Floyd1138
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye86 Tue May 15 2012, 22:22

Caryll wrote:I agree. I'm going to remove all the non-relevant posts into another section. Then maybe it can be left to RIP.
Sorry Caryll, I was busy typing while you'd put that! I'll leave it be now LOL
Skye86
Skye86
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 12/5/2011
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15 2012, 22:24

kenny d wrote:Pedigree or cross, does it matter. I'd love kenny if he was half cat half dog

Nice one Kelly , let's get back sort of to the original topic (what was it ??? Laughing ) ultimately as Kelly says cross or no cross it has no bearing , I think the everyone on here loves their dogs and it is irrelevany about how the breed came about and whether a pedigree certificate can be created fraudulently , we all have what we have and love them for it >Big Grin< >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2