toliet training

4 posters

Go down

toliet training Empty toliet training

Post by aussiechick Wed May 09 2012, 15:19

hi everyone....i have a 6 month old boy and a 11 week old little girl...my boy junior is toliet trained and he was a breeze...my little girl daisy is a bit harder....i know she is still very young but she has no clue when it comes to it...i and doing the same thing as i did with junior and its not working...i take her out side and say do wee and she does nothing....i stay out there for ever and then comes in and does it.....my question is..is it harder to toliet train boys or girls or is it the dog it self???...i know i will get there with her because she is very smart....to smart for my likeing. Rolling Eyes its just that junior was soooooo easy..but us girls can be difficult at times... Big Grin thanks everyone
aussiechick
aussiechick
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : junior...and tulip and daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 4 months..12 years and 10 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : male and 2 females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

toliet training Empty Re: toliet training

Post by Gabbiadini Wed May 09 2012, 15:55

Well I can't see it being a male/female thing as Gabbi took to it very quickly - just spotting the signs, putting her out and fussing her when she 'performed' seemed to do the trick
Gabbiadini
Gabbiadini
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Wed May 09 2012, 16:06

i did the exact same with zeus. took him out every hour at first, said "go toilet" everytime i took him out. whenver he pee'd or poo'd outside, id praise him alot and gave him a treat. whenever he did it inside, he got told off with a firm ''no'', i put him where he should have done it for a minute or two, an in the end he got the idea of it. he knows he has to do it outside, but he hasnt grasped the idea of barking whenever he needs to go out, like gabbiadini said.. u just have to spot the signs and take them out. whenever zeus starts sniffing the floor, walking round in circles and spreading his legs, he's out of the door! and 9 times out of 10, im always right (touchwood)
goldie87
goldie87
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09 2012, 21:11

They're all different! My last dog was toilet trained by about 10 or 11 weeks, near enough. My current dog, Dempsey, wasn't fully toilet trained till he was about 7 months! Surprised

I've always found bitches easier to housetrain than dogs, I've no idea why that should be, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 10 2012, 00:06

You are on the right track. Also take her out after eating, playing or waking up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 10 2012, 00:39

goldie87 wrote:i did the exact same with zeus. took him out every hour at first, said "go toilet" everytime i took him out. whenver he pee'd or poo'd outside, id praise him alot and gave him a treat. whenever he did it inside, he got told off with a firm ''no'', i put him where he should have done it for a minute or two, an in the end he got the idea of it. he knows he has to do it outside, but he hasnt grasped the idea of barking whenever he needs to go out, like gabbiadini said.. u just have to spot the signs and take them out. whenever zeus starts sniffing the floor, walking round in circles and spreading his legs, he's out of the door! and 9 times out of 10, im always right (touchwood)

Tilly even now at 22months doesn't cry to be out , but generally she will hold on until the morning though if we hear her jump off the bed and start pacing I'm straight downstairs to let her out, I so wish she would cry or head butt me or whatever she sees fit, once or twice we've woke up to hear the squirts as she's obviously been wandering around for ages in silence wondering why we haven't woke up but it's only ever been if she's had the squirts ,the rest of the time she can ususally hold on until morning and maybe a bit later if she's feeling really lazy Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by LarissR Fri May 11 2012, 09:53

I think it has a lot to do with the breeder you got them from. If they didn't keep the puppy area clean, the pups have no idea, but if the area was clean and the breeder too then out frequently to relieve themselves and play a bit, it's a breeze. Cara had only two accidents in the house once we got her at 8 weeks old. Hiro on the other side had no clue and used to soil his bed. It took us much longer to train him, but he did get there eventually with heaps of patience and persistence from our side. Using the method of praising and taking out after meals drink, play or when he woke up. Good Luck.
LarissR
LarissR
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Cara, Hiro, Mia, Rango
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year 6 months, 1 year, 4 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male, Female. male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down