puppy shaking

2 posters

Go down

puppy shaking Empty puppy shaking

Post by goldie87 Thu May 03 2012, 10:45

hi all
zeus, my 11 week old puppy, tends to shake quite alot. at first, i thought it might be because hes cold, but its always warm in the house, but he tends to do it on any occasion. is this normal for puppies?
goldie87
goldie87
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

puppy shaking Empty Re: puppy shaking

Post by Guest Thu May 03 2012, 10:47

Not really. Have you noticed anything start it off? What's his body language like when he shakes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03 2012, 11:05

Not really normal. Have you recently gotten him or has he been scared or nervous?

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Thu May 03 2012, 11:06

he shakes when hes outside, maybe because he wants to come in? he shakes when hes in his crate, maybe because hes tired? he does shake alot when he is tired. he's always calm when he shakes, normally when hes just lying down or in one position
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Thu May 03 2012, 11:07

ive had him for just under a month now, he never shakes when hes had a full sleep, or when hes energetic, only when hes tired, or when he wants to be with us, inside, or in a room with us. there are times when we leave him in the kitchen for an hour or so
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03 2012, 11:09

It sounds like it might be attention seeking, but it could also be some sort of neurological problem. Maybe you should ask your vet's advice next time you go?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03 2012, 11:11

If it's not a medical condition it sounds like a case of seperation aniexity. Once he has gained more confidence he will be okay. Try just leaving him for short periods of time if possible and gradually incresing the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Thu May 03 2012, 11:15

Caryll wrote:It sounds like it might be attention seeking, but it could also be some sort of neurological problem. Maybe you should ask your vet's advice next time you go?

yeah i thought that too, once he was lying down on me and he was shaking quite alot, as soon as i start rubbing his back an neck, he stopped! i agree, im going to the vets next week so will ask them. if there was a medical condition, what could it be?
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Thu May 03 2012, 11:16

jstaff wrote:If it's not a medical condition it sounds like a case of seperation aniexity. Once he has gained more confidence he will be okay. Try just leaving him for short periods of time if possible and gradually incresing the time.

yeah i think it could also be seperation anxiety because there is normally someone with him or around all day, we have started to leave him by himself for an hour or two at most, so will see how he goes from there. thanks
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Tue May 22 2012, 14:46

Hi Goldie87,has he stopped shaking? My Debo does the same,now less then on the beginning but still.
Thanks
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22 2012, 16:55

Its defo not normal, but my Mazda is 11yrs and still does it she had every check/blood test, behavourist in the lot when she was younger, it was litrally put down to attention seeking/seperation anxiety shes never got worse eg: distruction, barking

Hope it helps Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Wed May 23 2012, 09:38

jola139 wrote:Hi Goldie87,has he stopped shaking? My Debo does the same,now less then on the beginning but still.
Thanks

yeah he still shakes, but i think i've put it down to what staffiexxx has said. he normally does it when he wants attention, or when he wants to be let into the other room, stuff like that. when hes playing, when hes eating and doing things he wants to do, he doesnt shake at all!
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23 2012, 09:59

Bandit, even as an adult, would sit & shake (quite deliberately) if he was bored sitting around, eg if we were in a pub beer garden or something like that. He'd go all wide eyed & the shaking would start from his head & work down his body! Rolling Eyes He'd sometimes whine as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Wed May 23 2012, 10:57

Caryll wrote:Bandit, even as an adult, would sit & shake (quite deliberately) if he was bored sitting around, eg if we were in a pub beer garden or something like that. He'd go all wide eyed & the shaking would start from his head & work down his body! Rolling Eyes He'd sometimes whine as well.

that is exactly what zeus does!
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23 2012, 11:39

Attention seekers, the lot of em! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23 2012, 11:49

Caryll wrote:Bandit, even as an adult, would sit & shake (quite deliberately) if he was bored sitting around, eg if we were in a pub beer garden or something like that. He'd go all wide eyed & the shaking would start from his head & work down his body! Rolling Eyes He'd sometimes whine as well.

Yes Maz sometimes does the whining too, so much for tough dogs Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23 2012, 20:15

Tilly will shake at leisure too, worst used to be in the car like we were taking her off to be murdered or something , now she links the car with good things she's fine but when she comes across something new or unknown its bring om the shakes, she's just looking for reassurance. Sometimes she starts to pant too, last year we took her to the vet for a water infection when she was in season and she got herself in such a state the vet thought she was fitting and treat her with diazepalm, sent us home with 3 or 4 doses anfd instructions, I was doubtful and told the Mrs to try cuddles and patience first but they were there for back up, still got them now unopened

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23 2012, 20:25

Bella shakes when she's unsure of something. It started when she got her final injections at the vets, she crouched on the table shaking. Since then she's don't it when she's unsure and especially when she's picked up. She acts like she is terrified.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down