Cat - flea help

Go down

Cat - flea help Empty Cat - flea help

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13 2012, 17:12

I have a 9/10 year old yard cat. He sort of flits between here and the dairy farm down the road, but whenever he comes back he always has bloomin fleas! I treat him everytime i see him but he just keeps getting them again and again and he has now started to itch away the hair on his neck.

Would a vet give you flea treatment without taking him to the surgery? I can't make an appointment cause i never know where he will be or when he will come home and tbh it would cost £15 for a consultation for fleas, which i know the problem and i just need the treatment, which i can call in and get on my way home from college without stressing the cat out and having to make a second trip to the vets which is 10 miles away!

Back to top Go down

Cat - flea help Empty Re: Cat - flea help

Post by janey Fri Apr 13 2012, 17:33

When I used get Moo's advocate from the vets I would just get a repeat pescription. Call the vets and ask hun, there all different Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13 2012, 17:59

Please just be sure to get one that is specifically for cats. They do go by weight and the dog one is poisonous to cats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13 2012, 23:03

Well I would hope they know to give cat ones. There is a vets room that's open in my town in tuesday evenings for an hour so If they can't just give a perscription I'll take him in. I'll be very annoyed if he gets them again! Wonder I flea collars work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down