toileting

4 posters

Go down

toileting Empty toileting

Post by thai Wed Feb 08 2012, 19:52

hi again anothere question bout tyson as i said b4 he is 6 months old and he does the toilet outside but he still does the toilet inside how can i stop him from doing it inside plz hlp
thai
thai
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : tyson
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

toileting Empty Re: toileting

Post by samprettypawsboutique Wed Feb 08 2012, 20:11

Have you tried mat training?
samprettypawsboutique
samprettypawsboutique
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Murphy
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 1

http://www.prettypawspetboutique.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Feb 08 2012, 20:13

Are you doing the basics? Take him out every hour, when at home, praise when he goes. Any indoor mess, clean it properly otherwise they will think it is ok to go there again.

Takes time house training but it will click one day Xx Some take longer than others routine and patience Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08 2012, 21:25

Just stick with the basics and make sure you remove the smell. We use wee pads with Suki so at least if she goes inside it's in the same spot and clean up is easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09 2012, 08:24

we used to take billy out in the garden every hour whether he wanted to go or not, and at night put some newspapers in his crate. Tyson is still only young, just persevere and it will click

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:29

If your crate training then I would of thought he would have picked it up by now, they learn really quickly that they don't like to mess in their bed!!

It takes time though so just lots of patience and thorough clean ups, also if you catch him doing it inside then tell him off and put him straight outside wher he should be doing it!!
*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09 2012, 22:02

*Karen* wrote:If you catch him doing it inside then tell him off and put him straight outside wher he should be doing it!!

No! Don't tell him off! He isn't doing it on purpose; he either doesn't fully understand, or he still doesn't have full control of his bladder. It can take up to 7 or 8 months to get properly house trained for some dogs. (I'm sorry to say that Dempsey was one of those dogs that took nearer 8 months!).

When he goes inside, don't say a word, just take him outside & encourage him to go - if he does, then loads of praise; if he doesn't, then just bring him back in & clean up the accident with a non-amonia cleaner.

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Fri Feb 10 2012, 08:47

I only tell her off sometimes, like if I took her outside but it was raining so she would rather not go, but then she comes inside and goes straight away, sometimes it's my fault if she wees inside like if I don't notice that she went to the back door to be let out and then she wees inside then I wouldn't tell her off one bit because that's not her fault, I only meant tell him off he is doing out of naughtiness or for attention if you know what I mean!
*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10 2012, 10:07

Bella is coming up to 6 months and she still hasn't quite got it yet. Couple of weeks ago she was watching the cat on top of the tv and just squatted and wee'd where she was without taking her eyes off the cat. My older dog had it sussed in a few weeks and I've trained them both in the same way so it's just a bit more patience and repetition with Bella. Like jstaff I've always kept a wee pad down for Millie and if she does really have to go she will only use that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down