Crying

2 posters

Go down

Crying Empty Crying

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06 2012, 19:40

Vlad hit the 6 month milestone the other day and it also seems he has reverted to being 10 weeks old where my husband and I can't even leave the room to go to the toilet without him crying! He has been awesome so far. It's so hard to ignore too! My husband is on an early shift today so left at about 6am and Vlad cried. I tried to ignore it, but had to get up because he sounded like he was really getting worked up! He has NEVER done that. He has been a bit sooky the last few days, harder to settle at night but he is eating okay... we have switched to 2 feeds a day could this the the issue because it's the only change he's had?

Back to top Go down

Crying Empty Re: Crying

Post by janey Fri Jan 06 2012, 20:13

Tbh I think Vlad is begginning to test his boundries and I no it seems cruel but you have to ignore it Sad xXx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07 2012, 00:48

You will have to just ignore it. If you react to it he will learn this will get your attention and do it even longer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07 2012, 00:57

I know it's hard, but you have to ignore it. He's going through a phase of trying to manipulate you into doing what he wants - ie fuss & cuddles when he wants. It'll pass, but not if you pander to it.

It's so difficult to ignore a crying dog, though. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07 2012, 07:13

I have found it sooooo hard, and I'm the tough one! All I want to do is cuddle him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jan 07 2012, 13:29

Have you tried putting a radio on for when you are not around, just something quiet in the background. We found this worked a treat with Rocky.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09 2012, 07:34

Thanks... he has been really naughty over the last week too! I think it might be him becoming a "teenager". I went outside with him when I arrived home and did some of is basic training with him and that settled him down a little bit. The other night he was a nightmare! Really mouthing and jumping (not in a fun cuddly way, in a naughty destructive way) and just being really difficult. We will see what happens. We are going to make his walks a little longer and refocus on the basics... we always did them, but I think 3 times a day at least to keep his naughty brain occupied Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down