hot spot -acne like and subsequent dandruff flaking

3 posters

Go down

hot spot -acne like and subsequent dandruff flaking Empty hot spot -acne like and subsequent dandruff flaking

Post by Shadowroll Wed Jan 04 2012, 08:01

Hi guys,

I noticed that my Bruno who is 1yr 2months has lately been shedding some fur and had acne like lumps on his neck and back of his neck . and this has resulted in doggie dandruff. I'm not too sure if it is because of the food I'm feeding or he is allergic to something. Today I have switched his food from Pedigree to Purina Pro Plan (salmon and tuna) and bathed him with a oatmeal dog shampoo. Has anyone experienced this problem -pls advise?

Last edited by Shadowroll on Thu Jan 05 2012, 02:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no photo)
Shadowroll
Shadowroll
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

hot spot -acne like and subsequent dandruff flaking Empty Re: hot spot -acne like and subsequent dandruff flaking

Post by Scubasteve Wed Jan 04 2012, 08:28

Not really sure what could be causing this. But did you swop his food over gradually, ot should be done over a couple of weeks and not a straight swap onto new food. Gradually mix a little of his new food in with the old and increase the amount every day or so until he is then completely eating the new food.

Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

hot spot -acne like and subsequent dandruff flaking Empty Re: hot spot -acne like and subsequent dandruff flaking

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 08:43

Sometimes they can develop sensitivity to household cleaning products. If the food thing does not improve matters, try going 'green' with cleaning products in the home (such as what you use on the floors etc)

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Jan 04 2012, 20:55

Hot spots are very common in dogs and its basically a build up of a skin infection/irritation cleaning the area with antibacterial wash will clear it up it will flake away but the fur will grow back quickly they look so nasty when you notice a sticky hard scabby flesh wound but they heal when cleaned Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowroll Thu Jan 05 2012, 01:27

Thanks all for your valuable inputs -pls feel free to provide tips or any experiences.Thanks
Shadowroll
Shadowroll

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowroll Mon Feb 06 2012, 13:46

Hi Guys, Just to update on how Bruno is going,I sent him to the vet and he said that it could be a bacterial infection. He was put on antibiotics for 2 weeks and now he is getting better . No more bumps and pimple like acne on him and fur seems to be growing back. So far,so good.!
Shadowroll
Shadowroll

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 13:48

get better soon bruno

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down