help with behaviour

2 posters

Go down

help with behaviour Empty help with behaviour

Post by milliemoosmum Mon Oct 31 2011, 10:26

ok i have seen a doggy behaviour man who was very good and even got me walking millie well but im asking for advice regarding millie from you guys as you know what im dealing with ie staffies.

i got her a muzzel but no way she will waer it so that i could go near other dogs with out risk of millie bitting. id not say she is a nasty in fact she is a prize wimp ( example being she not weed yet this morning as there was a frog sat on patio and she wont go out.) but she gets scared easily anmd does on occasion snap.

i am a very nervous person to the point that i became very sick due to it and it has impacted on her. from next month i will be working 5 days a week so my mum will be dealing with her so i need help in re educating my millie any advice would be great

milliemoosmum
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : millie
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

help with behaviour Empty Re: help with behaviour

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31 2011, 10:49

Personally, I know it is easier said than done but you do need to try and remain calm when dealing with Millie as your anxiety will transfer to her and increase her nervousness.
Also try associating the muzzle with treats, firstly bringing the muzzle near her head, moving slowly step be step until it is finally on and rewarding at each step. Once on, remove it and repeat leaving it on for longer periods. This will take quite a lot of time and a lot of calm patience.

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Mon Oct 31 2011, 11:46

I trained mine to wear muzzles by offering very tasty chicken through the nose of the muzzle. they quickly stuck their heads in and got used to it. They were learning so they could walk with a dog walker but i decided he had no control over the group of dogs so in the end they didn't need the muzzles.
stiofan
stiofan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
help with behaviour Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content