behaviour ?

3 posters

Go down

behaviour ? Empty behaviour ?

Post by Jackieb Sun May 13 2012, 14:47

ok, so we have had Tank a week now - hes 9 weeks old and our girl Diesel is justr over 12 months.

Tank and Diesel love playing, they will chase each other and Tank will jump up biting/pawing etc lots of playbowing from both of them too.... Diesel will sometimes put her paw up and push Tank to the ground...is this her telling him off ? She will sometimes try and pin him to the floor...but I usually step in.

Also they seem to mouth each other a lot, and a lot of open mouth play - is this ok ? Occasionally Tanks head has literally been in Diesels mouth ! Surprised

I are always supervised and if Tank is getting a bit too snappy I pick him up and take him out the room till hes calmed down, but with a 9 wk old tiny pup its difficult !

Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

behaviour ? Empty Re: behaviour ?

Post by Guest Sun May 13 2012, 15:15

It's all normal & they will find their own level of play. Just keep an eye on things & if it starts to get a bit too intense just seperate them for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 13 2012, 23:38

Tank is still learning bite strength and Diesel is most likely letting him know if he is playing too hard and teaching him what 8is acceptable. Completly normal but do always supervise their play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Mon May 14 2012, 14:00

Tank has bitten Diesel next to her eye and it bled a little.... I guess he will learn ! Diesel didn't seem bothered tho, I cleaned it and applied sudocrem.

I guess a few knocks, scrapes and mild injuries are to bd expected ???

I think I would have been more worried if Diesel had drawn blood on Tank rather that Tank hurting Diesel !
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14 2012, 14:10

god Ty STILL has the scars from Kaos as a pup, thier teeth are soooo sharp! Poor Ty was constantly covered in scabs when kaos was little, but like u said they dont seem to mind lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Mon May 14 2012, 17:43

Skye and Buster have play fights all the time and if it gets too rough i steep in to stop it
Skye has plenty of marks from Buster but Skye has only got him a few times
Gazagem
Gazagem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by kate32 Mon May 14 2012, 21:46

Sounds normal to me, I step in if My 2 get abit ott, you Can often tell, the noises start to sound a bit more serious, but staffs play rough, I have to tell people when they come round n the dogs start playing that they only playing, cos they growl n box n grab each other, people think they fighting but they not, scooby will lie on his back n let maisy jump all over him then he gets up n swipes her to the ground with his paw, maisy snaps n snarls but its all play, she's the instigator most of the time..the other day though scooby must have grabbed her abit hard cos she cried, but he immediately stopped, then 10 secs later she dived at him n they were off again..

Who needs a telly!
kate32
kate32
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : maisy n scooby
Dog(s) Ages : 2 n 3
Dog Gender(s) : female n male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down