What would be a good breed to have as companion for my staffy?

+2
i love leah and lois
Rocchet
6 posters

Go down

What would be a good breed to have as companion for my staffy? Empty What would be a good breed to have as companion for my staffy?

Post by Rocchet Sat Oct 22 2011, 10:10

Hi, i have a 12 month old english staff stellar and would like (at some point in the next 12 months) to bring another dog into the family. As much as we adore stellar i am hesitant about bringing another staffy into the home as she is pretty dominant and forceful and would like a mellower breed to balance her out but one that would still enjoy the wrestling and play of my staffy so that she would get a great friend out of it aswell. Would like a dog that was medium in size, short haired and fairly submissive. What do you think? Would love to hear from anyone who has a staffy and non staffy friend.
THanks
Rocchet
Rocchet
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stellar
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

What would be a good breed to have as companion for my staffy? Empty Re: What would be a good breed to have as companion for my staffy?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 11:51

We will add another dog in a year or so as well. We are most likely to get an English Bulldog. As long as the breed you choose is at the same energy level or lower it should work out fine.

Back to top Go down

What would be a good breed to have as companion for my staffy? Empty Re: What would be a good breed to have as companion for my staffy?

Post by i love leah and lois Sat Oct 22 2011, 17:27

Dont get a jack russell milly and jessie my jack russell dont like each other At all
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Stace.and.Billy Sat Oct 22 2011, 18:33

another staff or maybe and english bull terrier
Stace.and.Billy
Stace.and.Billy
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Taz(R.I.P), Stanley, Colt
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by billy and kya Sat Oct 22 2011, 19:00

i had a jack russell that in its 17 yrs oflife lived wth two staffs fine
billy and kya
billy and kya
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : billy and kya
Dog Gender(s) : billy male kya female
Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 20:49

american bulldog!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 22:46

ella wrote:american bulldog!!!

Laughing I figured you would advise that. I would like one as well since they have less health issues than the English Bulldogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 22:50

jstaff wrote:

Laughing I figured you would advise that. I would like one as well since they have less health issues than the English Bulldogs

Big Grin I might be a little biased though! haha, I like english bulldogs but it's sad they have so many health problems though Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 22:54

ella wrote:
jstaff wrote:

Big Grin I might be a little biased though! haha, I like english bulldogs but it's sad they have so many health problems though Sad

We had one that lived to almost 10. No big health issues but required lots of grooming

Back to top Go down

Post by Ry-Dog Sun Oct 23 2011, 01:38

i have a springer spaniel aswell an they get along just finee Smile

Ry-Dog
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Sun Oct 23 2011, 01:52

jstaff wrote:
ella wrote:
jstaff wrote:

We had one that lived to almost 10. No big health issues but required lots of grooming

I personally love bulldogs of all sorts. Some of the best personalities in my opinion. The EBs do require a bunch of grooming and washing though.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocchet Sun Oct 23 2011, 06:06

Thanks for the ideas. I love the idea of bulldogs, especially the english, but a little above my price range to be honest. Go for about $3500 here in Australia!! Might need to visit the rspca when the time comes and find a dog with a suitable temperament so we know they get along. although some say you have a better chance of them accepting each other if you get a puppy?
Rocchet
Rocchet

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stellar
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down