How much should a staffie weigh at 1 year

3 posters

Go down

How much should a staffie weigh at 1 year  Empty How much should a staffie weigh at 1 year

Post by Snow drop Wed Nov 03 2010, 09:29

How much should a staffie weigh at 1 year old
Snow drop
Snow drop
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Archie
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

How much should a staffie weigh at 1 year  Empty Re: How much should a staffie weigh at 1 year

Post by janey Wed Nov 03 2010, 09:30

It really does vary depending on the dog. Mine was 20kg but shes a tall girl.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

How much should a staffie weigh at 1 year  Empty Re: How much should a staffie weigh at 1 year

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 09:31

i would say he should be almost fully grown and around the 20kg mark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 09:53

How long is a piece of string? Not an easy question to answer, there are so many different types of staffy out there. Tall, short, bully, terrier.

Also, a male will weigh more than a female of similar build.

Did you have one in mind particularly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:10

To be honest u should be looking at her body condition as opposed to her weight. One of my friends has a kc reg tiny staffie she is 5 yrs old and 13kg but she is in lovely condition just a ickle one lol. She should have a nice shiney coat clear ears and eyes, she should have a nice tuck up and u should be able to feel her ribs easily but not see them x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:13

blaze666 wrote:To be honest u should be looking at her body condition as opposed to her weight. One of my friends has a kc reg tiny staffie she is 5 yrs old and 13kg but she is in lovely condition just a ickle one lol. She should have a nice shiney coat clear ears and eyes, she should have a nice tuck up and u should be able to feel her ribs easily but not see them x

ooow i bet she is lush star

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:16

she is wazza! A little pocket rocket and the sweetest temperment ive ever seen on a dog x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:21

what colour is she dont know why but im picturing a little red

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:23

WOW.......ur good wazza! Shes red with a black mask and beautiful black rims around her eyes and one blck paw Love Struck i love her...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:26

oow she sounds like a little treasure

iv seen a couple of small staffs that have been red

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:27

her names Tink x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:32

and at the other end of the spectrum there a stud dog advertised in our area who is 27kg of pure muscle he is a cracking bully type but not that tall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:40

yea defo weight really isnt a great indicator. Ty is quite a small (average staff) at 17kg 14 months terrier type i would say where as kaos although i dont no his weight at mo but he's practically the same size as Ty already and will defo be alot bigger and heavier and he is alot bullier....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:59

bigwazza wrote:what colour is she dont know why but im picturing a little red

Wow, I was picturing a red, too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 12:54

Caryll wrote:
bigwazza wrote:what colour is she dont know why but im picturing a little red

Wow, I was picturing a red, too!

caryll i think we are phycic or is that phycotic rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 14:54

Kuma is now 18kg and at 11 month's on saterday and a would say her head is still to crack a little can start to feel it and shes still growing well muscle building up Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 15:34

crack?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 15:43

blaze666 wrote:crack?
yeah the staffys skull cracks and grows, rub your hand from the top of your staffy head to their nose and you will feel the split line in their head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 16:25

I was most definatley not aware a staffs or any other animals head "cracked" unless hit with a baseball bat! I thought it was more to do with muscles forming......

Back to top Go down

Post by xMissxZoiex Wed Nov 03 2010, 16:36

Is my Maxxie on the big side then? when he was 7 & half months he weighed just over 19kg? and he has put on alot of weight since then lol
xMissxZoiex
xMissxZoiex
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maxxie
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 18:40

Crack , don't no about you but that's what we call it ..

Any piks of her now..? a don't think so as a said kuma is 18 and to me she looks stick thin but as said on the forum she looks fine

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 18:45

Like stated previously weight isn't the best indicator. Blue was about 20Kg at 1 year old but for some staffs that would be very overweight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 18:49

blaze666 wrote:I was most definatley not aware a staffs or any other animals head "cracked" unless hit with a baseball bat! I thought it was more to do with muscles forming......
well you now blaze, you learn something new everyday,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 18:54

shane wrote:
blaze666 wrote:I was most definatley not aware a staffs or any other animals head "cracked" unless hit with a baseball bat! I thought it was more to do with muscles forming......
well you now blaze, you learn something new everyday,
did you not feel for the line going down you're dogs head this line is called the crack line, its the same thing as an expansion joint as the dog gets older and the muscles grow his skulls widens out the way,

Last edited by shane on Wed Nov 03 2010, 21:45; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 19:06

xMissxZoiex wrote:Is my Maxxie on the big side then? when he was 7 & half months he weighed just over 19kg? and he has put on alot of weight since then lol
yeah i would think hes on the heavy side for 7 and a half months, my katie is 2yrs and shes just over 18kgs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down