niff
Kathy
bobs
hollymolly
gem
scott61985
12 posters

Go down

would you get rid of your dogs to keep your house Empty would you get rid of your dogs to keep your house

Post by scott61985 Thu Oct 20 2011, 22:46

hi i dont want to get much into it but my g,f had left me and wants to take zena ive said no because cant split her and blade up wouldnt be fair, but iam worried will i mange on my own and my landlord is been a lets say a idoit saying ppl have complaned about them making loud noise past two days even though ive been in all day because iam off sick for two week. he says one more complaint about the dogs il get kicked out more or less his says my house or my dogs. ive lost everything i dont want to lose my dogs but you would get rid of your dogs to keep your house sorry for been a bit down lol Sad
scott61985
scott61985
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : blade and zena
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

would you get rid of your dogs to keep your house Empty Re: would you get rid of your dogs to keep your house

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20 2011, 22:52

Oh, Scott, what a rotten thing to happen. (((hugs from me & Dempsey))).

It's a question I've often asked myself, and I still don't have an answer. Do you know who's complained & why?

Back to top Go down

would you get rid of your dogs to keep your house Empty Re: would you get rid of your dogs to keep your house

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20 2011, 22:58

Personally no i wouldn't give them up to save my house, as i feel there are many different options first like special kennels/rescue that you can put them in until your back on your feet. But hopefully it won't come to that

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Oct 20 2011, 23:02

Dont know what to say really cause I know your having a bad time right now and I feel for you but I always beleive that you control your own destiny.
And when your down like this then you got to pick yourself up brush yourself down and change whats wrong in your life.
What you have with your dogs is unconditional love that you cant find anywere else and I hope you keep them because you need them right now.
I can say that I would never give my dogs up and made a comitment to care for them as long as they live, I really like were I live but would give it up if it came down to loosing my pets, thats me and Im not in your position though. >Big Grin<
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20 2011, 23:07

Nope, i would be moving house. I had a rally large fight with my parents one time and was basically asked to leave so i was looking at houses cause i did want to but all of them were no pets unless its like a fish or an invisible one. So i went grovelling to my parents and made up for whatever i had done lol.

I won't be moving out until Richard Bransons son decides to marry me and get me a big ole island to keep my little farm on.

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Thu Oct 20 2011, 23:09

i cudnt bear to lose my dogs all i have after 4 year they havnt left me alone since it happend they must know something wrong. i dont know why people have complained for all i know he could be just saying it knowing iam on my own and his worried about the rent. my dogs are my life and i dont know what id do without them
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Thu Oct 20 2011, 23:10

sorry the txt talk my head is all over. if i could go back home i would but my mum dad live down south, ive tryed for weeks to move nobody will take dogs
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20 2011, 23:11

This also reminded me of something thats happening in the news lately. People are being asked to choose their dog or their house cause someone has complained about dog fouling on a street and the council are saying basically get rid of your dogs.

Unfortunately i can see some dogs getting rid of.

Sorry to hear of your bad times im sending you a big ole e-hug >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Thu Oct 20 2011, 23:15

coming to a world where if dont own your house you cant have dogs
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Oct 20 2011, 23:22

Could you not buy a house problems over Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Thu Oct 20 2011, 23:22

Scott i really feel for you ... its bad enough breaking up but you have your dog worries on top of it aswell .. But i wouldn't give my dog up just to save my house .. Like Gem said you need your dogs at times like this and they surely need you but only you can decide and maybe try an butter up your landlord abit ( i have a landlord so i know what there like but luckily mine is a push over and never bothers me) ..

Hope am not speaking out of tune but how awful that your g.f wants to split the dogs up !!!! confused .. Really hope you manage to sort your situation out and sorry youv'e been put through this.. >Big Grin< >Big Grin<
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Fri Oct 21 2011, 01:36

hollymolly wrote:Scott i really feel for you ... its bad enough breaking up but you have your dog worries on top of it aswell .. But i wouldn't give my dog up just to save my house .. Like Gem said you need your dogs at times like this and they surely need you but only you can decide and maybe try an butter up your landlord abit ( i have a landlord so i know what there like but luckily mine is a push over and never bothers me) ..

Hope am not speaking out of tune but how awful that your g.f wants to split the dogs up !!!! confused .. Really hope you manage to sort your situation out and sorry youv'e been put through this.. >Big Grin< >Big Grin<

thanks for the postiive comments.
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21 2011, 08:40

scott what an awfult time you are having, my friend went through the same thing, she has 2 dogs and nowhere wanted them, she did eventually find another house, but it much dearer than she had wanted to pay.

I think your dogs will help you through this bad time
>Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Fri Oct 21 2011, 09:17

Bob's missus here.

Scott, we feel for you. You and your dogs need each other right now. I wouldn't contemplate giving the dogs up.

Just a thought. My father has a number of properties, though none in your area and none unocccupied at the moment. Our policy regarding dogs/cats is we are more than happy to accept them, but do ask that the carpets are properly cleaned when the tenant moves out.

Would it be possible to approach letting agents and housing associations and offer this as a codicil to your contract. It might possibly sway a landlord that would not necessarily have considered taking pets.

I would also check your tenancy agreement as if it is a six month assured shorthold the landlord is required to give you, just off the top of my head two months notice. If you are unsure, a trip to your local Citizens Advice Bureau might be useful to see exactly where you stand legally.

Keep us posted.
bobs
bobs

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21 2011, 09:47

gem wrote:I can say that I would never give my dogs up and made a comitment to care for them as long as they live, I really like were I live but would give it up if it came down to loosing my pets, thats me and Im not in your position though. >Big Grin<

I totally agree. sorry to hear of your trobles I hope things start looking up for your soon. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Oct 21 2011, 11:51

Hi Scott. Our Housing Association is Places for People. Please take a look at the link below.
http://www.placesforpeople.co.uk/find_a_home/want_to_rent.aspx

They do allow tenants to have dogs. Could you maybe get on their housing list? They have property all over the country, well in fact from Scotland to the Isle of Wight.

Could you possibly speak to the former g/f and explain how it appears that she is being deliberatly awkward, spiteful. Maybe after a chat things could get sorted out. I always say "Never make a descision when feeling emotional". It is very easy to loose track of rational thought when feeling low. This I do know about. Try to keep doing something positive, write a list of possible housing associations to get in touch with, things to ask the ex g/f etc.

What are her motivs for wanting to split up the dogs? Surely she would want to do the right thing for them and leave them together with a loving owner. I sincerely hope you get things sorted out, big hugs from me and Rocky >Big Grin<
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Fri Oct 21 2011, 12:09

thats a crap situation i was in one very similar a couple of years ago , luckily for me i managed to get my two looked after by a friend untill i got sorted which took a couple of months .. my heart goes out to you mate hopefully things will work out for you
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Fri Oct 21 2011, 13:18

Once again cheers for all comments she been away for week come back ended it said she's not paying and wants zena even though I've paid everything for. Ppl in shop have said fed up off hearing blade when I go out on day she says she can't run a business with a dog crying and pining for me
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Oct 21 2011, 13:39

Hi scott, my hubby wrote this for you.

It seems a bit strange that there have been complaints if no noise has been made. It could be that your ex has complained anonymously, or your landlord is sympathetic towards her for some reason.

First things first, find your tenants agreement. Check on there what it says about keeping pets. Is it a private landlord or housing association?
You need to find out if there is anything in your agreement which allows your landlord to evict you at such short notice.

It is normally not possible to evict someone without 2 months notice and then only with a court order.

This site gives a few pointers, but I would also go to the CABs website.
http://www.debtquestions.co.uk/legal_rights.php

If you know your dogs haven't been noisy, but complaints have been made, then you need to prepare some proof. One of the easiest things to do here is an audio recording -a small portable unit is ideal.
If you have one already, then great, if not, then they are available for about £25 or less.
If money is a problem, then you could use the audio recording on your computer. You obviously need a microphone of some sort, but there are plenty of software apps to do the actual recording, if you make sure that the quality is fairly low, you will be able to record a long time - just leave the thing on virtually all day.
The wikipedia for windows recorder is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Recorder_%28Windows%29

You need to look after yourself. It is easy to slip into depression in this situation. Make sure you eat properly – it will help you keep a level head. Don't drink too much alcohol, it will only make depression worse. If you feel really low, get to your GP and let them know, they can either prescribe something or at least offer advice, as you obviously want to keep a clear head for the sake of your dogs.
Find that information about your tenant agreement, and post back here, so we can perhaps give you a couple more pointers.

Kathy Take2's hubby.

Last edited by kathytake2 on Fri Oct 21 2011, 13:40; edited 1 time in total
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21 2011, 13:40

scott61985 wrote:i cudnt bear to lose my dogs all i have after 4 year they havnt left me alone since it happend they must know something wrong. i dont know why people have complained for all i know he could be just saying it knowing iam on my own and his worried about the rent. my dogs are my life and i dont know what id do without them

Have you thought about getting a dog walker in once or twice a day so that Blade doesn't feel so lonely?

I suppose it's out of the question taking the dogs to work with you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Diwrnach Fri Oct 21 2011, 18:25

My pets everytime, we were made homeless 10 years ago wqith no fault of our own (we were given 3 months to leave old house as owner wanted to move back in after returning from abroad, sorted a new house no problem, then 2 days before we were due to move in were told they decided NOT to rent new house out) and we had our cats in kennels for 6 months, and with us for 3 months before getting fully sorted. Did it cost a fortune? you bet it did, but theyre family at the end of the day, to us anyway.

Diwrnach
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 21 2011, 18:34

so sorry about whats happening hun .. me personally my dogs are like my children i would never get rid of them for anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 10:08

What an horrible situation too be put in, i too would not get rid of any of my pets ive always said id rather be homeless and have my fur family with me than be in a house without them it wouldnt feel like home, i hope you get the situation sorted soon fingers crossed x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 13:13

Aw Scott how awful. I really hope you're doing ok.
If there's any possible way to avoid it, don't give up your dogs. You'll regret it so much and too need them now more than ever. Tell your gf to get lost, invite your landlord round for a chat and just explain the situation to him. Taking that, he HAS to give you 8 weeks notice, so that'll give you a little more time to find somewhere dog-friendly. Good luck mate, let us know how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sat Oct 22 2011, 13:55

Hugs to you Scott, what a horrible situation.

I haven't had Ledger long but I couldn't go anywhere without him. I'm trying to sell my house and move closer to work (much easier said than done) luckily I'm in a position where my parents are thinking about investing in somewhere so they would be my landlord and I could rent my house out in the interim I would be happy to market mine to pet owners

Hope it all works out for you
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22 2011, 15:26

Scott, what a sad situation. Sending big hugs to you >Big Grin<
I went through this when Kita was nearly 3 and my ex tried everything he could to make me go bankrupt. I bit the bullet and moved back to my home state (and my parents at nearly 40 yrs of age) and the next few years were a big struggle as I then had to lease a house for Kita & I which wasn't cheap rent. At times I know her presence is what kept me going, so I would give up everything to keep my dogs in my life as hard as that would make it.
My heart goes out to you and I hope you can find a way to stay where you are with your dogs. praying

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Sat Oct 22 2011, 18:26

Scott why should you give up your dogs you have lost enough already Please try Hold on to blade and zena im sure it all will come right for you evently.Many housing association let you take your pets.Have you tried those
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Sun Oct 23 2011, 12:41

hey all sorry not been on for a while finding it really hard to be honest shes took my tv ps3 wont give me them back till she gets zena rang police they said its a civil matter iam not giving zena up i cant split them up but more and more they keep having a go more i feel like iam failing the dogs and her mum says she feels sorry for the dogs for been with me. things are getting worse i just have my dogs shes left me with that much debt i dont know what il do. zena and blade are one in a million to me. all this with the landlord aswell just gets better. ive even had to change the locks because ex and her mum have been to house to get her. i cant even get my self to eat ive been drinking whats not helping. feel like everything is agaisnt me
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Oct 23 2011, 14:38

Hi Scott, please read my previous post. I would advize you to go to the CAB then see your GP if you can in. Take care
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23 2011, 14:43

Scott you need to stay positive. I know how it feels to have every thing against you, but if you give in and believe this rubbish then you will lose Zena & Blade as well. You need to put things in perspective & not drown your sorrows (unfortunately it doesn't achieve anything in the long term).
Ok you've had the motherly lecture for now. Smile
My hubby went through a lot when his first marriage broke up and nearly lost his kids, (daughter now 25 still does not talk to him).
BUT he got through it emotionally and financially. I suggest you talk to the people you need to in regard to the difficult financial situation you are in, don't bury your head in the sand - money worries will not go away if you ignore them.
Have you thought about the dogs going to stay with your parents for a while if they can, could you get a smaller place to rent or a share situation to help you financially? Is there any work around the area your parents live that might suit. I know these are all big changes, but if it means you and your dogs will be totally together down the track, then these options may need to be looked at.
Does your ex have financial involvement in regard to ownership of the dogs? Can you pay her a compensation to get her off your back?
Life will get better but you have to make it happen, don't let this situation destroy you.
Another big hug coming your way, hang in there >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by scott61985 Sun Oct 23 2011, 15:07

money isnt a problem when i sort the housing benifits out and working tax credits my dogs will always be fed looked after have everything they need. shes got the tv ps3 and iphone think shes got enough lol. il be stopping in flat till i get a house soon as i can go to a new area. mum and dad live down south. ive been sat down and the dogs making me smile going mad over a teddy and trying to under sofa lol
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kacilake Sun Oct 23 2011, 20:05

Maybe it would be worth a new start down south away from everything if your parents will have you all?

Its nice down here honest!! and there a black and tans here too!!
kacilake
kacilake
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Mon Oct 24 2011, 11:33

Grre that made me so angry
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Mon Oct 24 2011, 17:05

What a rubbish time you are going through, I do really feel for you >Big Grin<

I don't think I could give up Tinkerbell to save the house, as much as I could never give up my children, she is as much a part of our family as they are. So in answer to your question, no I wouldn't be able to.

We were made homeless 2 years ago, I was 34 weeks pregnant at the time and our daughter was nearly 2. It was a horrid time, so I know how much you are stressed out but also added to this you have lost your gf too. We ended up moving back to where I was originally from (didn't have any pets then), but we had to squeeze in with my parents. We found a house 2 weeks later and the stress made me have my son 2 weeks early. It was hard going back to living with the parents, especially with me, my partner and Hollie in a teeny room with a single bed. I had a mattress on the floor! But we did eventually find somewhere. Anyway could you speak to your parents and ask them to move in for a while until you get yourself sorted and find somewhere to live that accepts dogs.

As to your ex taking Zena, I think that seems a bit mean. You can't split her and Blade up, but then I don't know how much she did with Zena or whether she was majoritly your dog.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down