How staffie are like after been neutered

3 posters

Go down

How staffie are like after been neutered Empty How staffie are like after been neutered

Post by Snow drop Thu Nov 04 2010, 01:44

When your staffie boy has been neutered what happens how he after there going do they Carm down ect ?
Snow drop
Snow drop
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Archie
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

How staffie are like after been neutered Empty Re: How staffie are like after been neutered

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04 2010, 06:58

I got Rocco when he was 9 months and had been in kennels for 6 weeks.

He was neutered before he came home and have to say for a dog who had been in kennels for so long settled in very quickly and wasn't the boisterious dog we were expecting.

It's not an over night cure, but once hormones have settled down 9 out of 10 dogs will be calmer.

x

Back to top Go down

How staffie are like after been neutered Empty Re: How staffie are like after been neutered

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04 2010, 09:07

Probably had over 10 male dogs in my life, Blue is the only one I got done. So can't say it happens to every dog but Blue was calmer straight away

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04 2010, 11:24

the only dog i had castrated was no diff at all after the op the silly bugger still would go wild when there was bitches in heat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04 2010, 11:40

i got my first staff neutered, i found after a few months he was a totally different dog and a lot lot calmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04 2010, 11:49

shane wrote:i got my first staff neutered, i found after a few months he was a totally different dog and a lot lot calmer
it definitely worked for me but it may not work for all dogs Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04 2010, 21:12

i had Samson done about 4 weeks ago and noticed a difference straight away, still the same dog just calmer and seems more chilled angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04 2010, 21:16

Hm, most of you already know my views on neutering! Big Grin

Castration cannot be totally relied upon to calm a dog down. It may or it may not.

Have a read of this...
http://www.doglistener.co.uk/medical/neuter.shtml
I'm always quoting this site, but I'm not apologising cause I think it's good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04 2010, 21:39

My motivation for getting it done was i had no intention of breeding, it makes him less attractive to dog thieves (there's a few gone missing lately) and it elimantes the risk of testicle cancer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04 2010, 21:59

Round here, most dogs are stolen for bait. They want the entire ones for stud use, but they don't actually want to have them. I could have made a fortune by now if I'd accepted all the offers I've had to use Dempsey on their bitches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Goodisongal Sat Nov 06 2010, 18:40

Joe was done earlier this year, we were going to breed from him and Tess (Joe was a proven stud), but after long discussions with family we decided not to possibly add to the growing numbers of unwanted staffies (full ped or not).
Before Joe was done, he had to be farmed out to sons house when Finn was in season, we all missed him dreadfully. Since he's been done his personality hasn't changed at all, and according to the vet, he still tries to mount Finn when she's in season because he knows what the smell is, as he has studded before, unlike with a puppy who hasn't had any mating experience. So the younger the better really.
(Because of this, as I don't think it's fair on either dog, and for possible prevention of any future health problems, we're getting Finn spayed next year)
Goodisongal
Goodisongal
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tess, Joe and Finn
Dog Gender(s) : F, M, F

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Sun Nov 07 2010, 00:58

Nitro was calmer(he was calm to start with anyway but was even calmer)straight away while Harley is still Harley(if u knew him u would know what i mean lol) calm when he wants to be but hyper all other times. Even the sedatives the vet gave me to calm him down after the op didn't work.

I guess it depends on the dog.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
How staffie are like after been neutered Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 07 2010, 01:03

HazelJ wrote:Nitro was calmer(he was calm to start with anyway but was even calmer)straight away while Harley is still Harley(if u knew him u would know what i mean lol) calm when he wants to be but hyper all other times. Even the sedatives the vet gave me to calm him down after the op didn't work.

I guess it depends on the dog.

i think i would be a lot calmer if i was castrated id be worried what will happen next if i didnt ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 12:19

I never ever wanted puppies but before i found out cassie and taz where related I was told she was 2 months younger than him, when i got told from my sitter cassie came into season i booked taz for appointment the day he had cassie was the night before his operation. I felt and still feel really guilty that four pups blood are now on my hands because they didn't get adopted by the familys who had my pups instead. i think like that why im so screwed up but anyways i did it for health reason for later in his life and and to stop pups and so he can have his own mind i know when their are so many hormones rushing through the dog head he hasn't got time to think about anything but reproducing and defending, dogs have been known to run themselves inot the ground because their hormones are saying keep going but the body is failing. I wanted a dog not a machine (not for every dog).
its been alittle over a months since his operation he's a little calmer and response more to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down