Ringworm.. Cushings.. !!!!

3 posters

Go down

Ringworm.. Cushings.. !!!! Empty Ringworm.. Cushings.. !!!!

Post by hollymolly Thu Oct 06 2011, 22:17

Well as some of you will know my poor Inca has started getting fur patches near the base of her tail and on her flanks Crying or Very sad ... I took her straight the vets when i realised it wasn't going to dissappear on its own..
On her 1st visit to the vets it was thought she might have Hyperthyroidism so had some bloods done which came back clear .. so i was told to up her Panomec ( she was on 0.3ml and was upped to 0.5ml ) to see if it was the mite's coming back but after several days of being on the higher dose of Panomec it was obvious that it wasn't helping and her fur was getting worse.. so back to the vets we went !!
On her 2nd visit to the vets he warned me she could be in the on set of Cushings Disease but needed more bloods to rule it in or out.. Well he wrung me back today with his findings....

Her vet can't 100% rule out Cushings Disease but her bloods were ok ish (his words not mine) and he said she might actually be suffering from ringworm AGAIN... which means having to give her them Imaverol baths again (which she hates as you can't dry them off after the bath ) at 3 day intervals !!!.. If she improves while having the baths then it was Ringworm that has made her patchy but he said if there's no improvement after the baths then he will have to check her for things like Diabetes.. Kidney problems.. Also if it is Ringworm then he wants to know why her immune system has not been able to fight it off a second time round...

Its just so unfair on poor Inca as it seemed like we were past all the skin & fur problems that plagued her from when she was tiny plus i'm already getting pee'd of with the looks she is getting by other dog owners when they see her fur patches near her tail.. angry angry angry
hollymolly
hollymolly
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Ringworm.. Cushings.. !!!! Empty Re: Ringworm.. Cushings.. !!!!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06 2011, 22:19

Oh, poor sweet Inca. Sad She's really gone through it, I was hoping her skin problems had all healed up.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Oct 06 2011, 22:28

Oh hun it never rains it pours. How long has the entire saga been going on for now? Took about 6 months with my first and she was probably 6 months old when it started. Not saying its the same thing, mine was a good few years ago, just wondered x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Thu Oct 06 2011, 22:55

janey wrote:

Oh hun it never rains it pours. How long has the entire saga been going on for now? Took about 6 months with my first and she was probably 6 months old when it started. Not saying its the same thing, mine was a good few years ago, just wondered x

Well Janey she first started having fur problems when she was only 3 months old (which was just ringworm to start of with).. then just as we thought we were getting on top of it she got Demodex mange at around 4 or 5 months which made her really quite ill, having to try and deal with ringworm and then get mange on top of it..

So at around 5 months of age she had BOTH ringworm & demodex mange ( her vet has never known a dog to have them both at the same time and did warn me she is having two very toxic treatments at the same time at such a young age !!).. She was finally clear from both at nearly 8 months old.... Which is why am so gutted that (if it is) ringworm has come back again Grrrr...x
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Oct 06 2011, 23:04

I hope its not, and if it is I hope it becomes less severe and treatable and will finally go.

Do let me know how Inca goes X
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07 2011, 15:25

Oh Sue, so sorry for you and poor little Inca, she is such a special girl and so unfair she has to go through this again. >Big Grin< to your gorgeous girl.
Hope the vet can work it out and get her on the right treatment asap.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri Oct 07 2011, 19:20

Awww fingers crossed for inca that she makes a speedy recovery and shes fine and well very soon >Big Grin<
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Fri Oct 07 2011, 20:13

Argh thanx Lee for your lovely words and as requested i gave Inca a >Big Grin< from you ha xx

Gem i've got everything crossed for a speedy recovery from whatever is going on with her..

Forgot to mention that if the ringworm shampoo's dont work then we might have to go down the route of skin biopsy's and trying to figure out if she has something wrong with her immune system...
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down