A little unwell!

4 posters

Go down

A little unwell! Empty A little unwell!

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04 2011, 10:39

As most of you probably know, Dempsey will eat, does eat & has eaten anything & everything.

Last friday my oh took him for his late afternoon walk over the park. There's one quiet bit of woodland shaped like & horseshoe that we often take Dempsey in for him to 'do his business' (always picking up after him, of course - don't want to tread in it next time!). Well. Dempsey sudden;t stopped by a pile of leaves & started sniffing. OH says "Leave it" just as Dempsey takes a huge mouthful of............human sh1t!!!! sick He could tell it was human - the look, the smell etc.

Now, Dempsey has a very strong "leave" command - when I give it. Not so much with oh. He just kept right on tucking in.

He ran at him yelling "Leave! You dirty b*gger!" & eventually he did.

Well, saturday morning he wouldn't get up (Dempsey, not oh!) and when I lifted him to his feet he was really shaky & weak. I did my usual calm & collected actions - I panicked, straight on to the vets. HOWEVER, they had 2 appointments - one in 15 minutes & the other not till 4.30pm - it was about 9.50am. Also, the car's in dock so we couldn't drive him there & he certainly couldn't walk, it's a 20 minute walk normally & it probably would have taken an hour or more with Dempsey as he was.

So, next I'm on the phone to this pet transport man recommended by the vet begging them to get to us NOW so we could take the morning appointment. They could (nice people!) & we took Dempsey out to wait for them. Dempsey doesn't like strangers much, but this transport fella was fantastic. He stood by the side of the road & said "Don't worry, I've told the vets we're on the way but we might be a bit late, and they've said that's ok - they know me, my daughter works there!" and he just totally ignored Dempsey while he asked me what was wrong. That was too much for Dempsey's curiosity, despite him not feeling well, and he staggered over to shove his nose in a very intimate place - the guy didn't bat an eyelid! He just put his hand down & ran a finger over Dempsey's head & they were best buddies! Love Struck He even lifted poor Dempy-dog into the back of the ambulance for me!

Back at the vets, he didn't have any stomach tenderness, no temperature etc, but he was very tender around the base of his tail & the vet said it was probably a blow to the base of the tail that was making him uncomfortable. I got the feeling she may have been hinting at a beating, but I soon put her straight on that score!

He was given anti inflamatories & away we went with Mr Nice Pet Transporter.

All was well till yesterday morning when Dempsey had the most astrocious runs I've seen in a long time - absolute water & STINKY!!! So, starved for a day (no food at all yesterday, just lots of fresh water) - serves him right! Much better this morning, although not quite right still. I wish I could say it'd teach him a lesson!

Back to top Go down

A little unwell! Empty Re: A little unwell!

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04 2011, 11:06

Awww, poor Dempsey.

Must've been horrible to not be able to jump in the car to take him to the vet....then try to organise alternate transport. Glad the bloke could come to you straight away and was also good with Depsey.

Glad it does'nt seem like anythinbg too serious, Hopefully he recovers soon and is back to his normal bright self.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04 2011, 11:09

Poor Dempsey Sad hope he feels better soon. They learn things so fast but cant seem to help themselves when it comes to eating things they shouldnt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04 2011, 11:11

Millie&Bella wrote:Poor Dempsey Sad hope he feels better soon. They learn things so fast but cant seem to help themselves when it comes to eating things they shouldnt.

He's always had a thing about eating poo - but it's always been horse/cow/sheep etc - but human poo? sick That's absolutely disgusting!!

He's asleep on the sofa right now, snoring away! He's had a little scrambled egg this morning & he's kept it down, so that's good.

Although I was worried & felt really sorry for him, IT WAS HIS OWN FAULT!!!!! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Oct 04 2011, 11:24

Oh silly Dempsy, why do they feel the need to do this, its not as though they are starved!! Hope he is back to himself soon, unfourtunatly I don't think he will learn from his mistake Sad
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04 2011, 11:30

he not having a verry good run with his tum tum at the moment is he
but how disgusting for someone to do that .
hope dempsey go there smell from there dump and comes across them again and bites there * i will be just deserts(OR IT MAY TURN OUT TO BE DESERT)pun intended lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04 2011, 11:31

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04 2011, 11:44

aww poor dempsey, hope he is feeling better today, ewww think I would have been ill as well

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Tue Oct 04 2011, 12:51

Glad Dempsey is feeling a bit better, Human sh*t sick
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04 2011, 13:22

Hope he is doing better and why is a person using the bathroom outside in the park?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Tue Oct 04 2011, 13:46

It's gotta be the good *.....not that crappy human stuff Tongues

Get well soon Dempsey Smile
Dan
Dan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Jack - Max
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years - 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male - Male
Support total : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04 2011, 14:12

Poor Dempsey hope he's feeling better soon Smile but some people ey?!?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04 2011, 14:31

jstaff wrote:Hope he is doing better and why is a person using the bathroom outside in the park?

Drunk, I should think!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Oct 04 2011, 14:44

Caryll. Would it be worth getting in touch with the council (if it was a public park), Environmental Health also need to be informed about this (Environmental Health will probably be located at the council offices).
Hope Dempsey is feeling better soon.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04 2011, 15:57

I hope Dempsey is feeling better soon! I wish they did learn their lessons and refrained from eating things that made them sick in the past. How could they ever live without us!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04 2011, 16:05

i know woody is well known as eating anything and everything but even he hasnt eaten human **** before, although he has a certain penchant for Izzy's forsome reason!

hope he is feeling better Caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down