Fuming

3 posters

Go down

Fuming Empty Fuming

Post by Charlene_Frank Mon Sep 05 2011, 15:11

Okay had my first run in with another dog owner! Feeling really upset about it all now but at the time I was absolutely fuming! Could have perhaps chosen my words better! phbbbbt

I was out playing with Frank in my own private garden (pictures will follow tonight as it was a great day until this) and although the garden isn’t fenced off it is about 4 feet above the ground and has stairs to go down, Frank can’t get down stairs and he certainly can’t jump 4ft at 8 weeks old.

Anyway Frank was playing away, jumping at long grass, running around with his toys, just being a puppy I suppose, when a neighbours dog coming running in to our garden and start drinking the water in Franks bowl (I had brought it out with us as it was toasting yesterday).
Within a couple of seconds this much bigger dog was over at Frank teeth showing, growling, jumping trying to bite him!!
I panicked a little, Frank yelped and tried to run towards me with the bigger dog on him!! I didn’t think and instantly put my hands under the bigger dog to get Frank, so the other dog jumped at me. angry

At this point the owner of the dog appeared in my garden, calmly calling her dogs name as if it was perfectly okay that her dog was just roaming about on its on. loser

This owner is known in our street for just opening her front door and letting both her dogs run freely not only in her garden but all over the street. She owns dogs similar to the Cavalier King Charles Spaniels but that are MUCH taller than the normal ones so I’m not sure what breed they are.

As soon as she appeared I started shouting at her about looking after her dogs, and keeping them on a lead and moving her lazy * to take them out if she can’t keep them under control off the lead.
She made some excuse about her dog just being excited about being around another dog, EXCITED YOUR F***ING DOG TRIED TO BITE MY BOY AND ME!!!!! If that’s it being excited something is very wrong.

However the whole thing ended with HER walking off (dog still not on a lead) screaming at I had a dangerous breed of dog, who was off his lead being able to run free, and that I should expect a visit from the police for this!!

Being the big girl I am I was straight up the stairs on the phone to my dad in tears! He come home and sat out in the garden with me and Frank.
Frank being the brave boy he is was happy to keep playing in the garden however about 3 hours later when I took him out for a toilet, my younger brother walked up the path, it was dark and Frank got a little scared and ran straight to me Surprised poor little guy.

Im just glad he wasn’t hurt, whew! and I only have a scratch on my arm from the dog. Dad is now looking in to getting a fence put up around our garden to keep Frank safe.

Rant Over - and in response to her police comment - boy do i hope they chap my door, since I’m the one with a mark from HER dog!!

x
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Frank and Tara
Dog(s) Ages : 19 Months and 21 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Fuming Empty Re: Fuming

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 15:22

She won't tell the police, cause she knows she's the one that'll get into trouble - that was just her trying to cover up for doing wrong in the first place!

I'm afraid you get it all the time - owning 'one of them dangerous dogs' seems to be a lot of people's first line of defense when their dogs are the ones causing the trouble!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 15:29

Wow, not sure how it works over there, but if the neighbours dog was on your property isn't that like trespassing or something similar and you are the one who can file a complaint especially as you were injured as a result of their dog on your property? I'm not sure if I would take it there yet, but I would def take pics of your wound (watch it for infection too).
I would also take up your dad's offer of looking into securing your yard
a) so you feel safe from other dogs who decide to "just drop in" &
b) no-one can hassle you about your dog if it can't get our of it's secure yard....
We probably have diff rules over here in Oz, but I do feel more secure knowing no other dogs can get in and mine can't get out as we have a secure fence in place. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlene_Frank Mon Sep 05 2011, 15:34

I still can’t believe her dog wanted Frank soo much it jumped at me.
Like I said we live in a little village so its quite quiet and her dogs run around on their own all the time, but I have never heard of them jumping at someone, so that was really the last thing I expected.

No I cant imaging she would call the police about it, as you say she was in the wrong she should be taken better care of those dogs.

Dangerous breed!! What a lot of rubbish, so soon as some one says that to me it just makes me angrier!
To say that about an 8 week old puppy who was in my arms trying to dig his head in to the crease of my arm to hide is ridiculous!!!

But if Frank had been a grown boy and had bit back, in everyone eyes apart from mines Frank would have been blamed because of this stupid stereotype of his breed.

So angry about it all, maybe once I get it said to me a few times (as I know its going to be said a lot) it will be like water off a ducks back.

Yea my dad has just text he is at B&Q with my mum and they are looking at fencing for the garden!!

xx
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Sep 05 2011, 15:45

What an ordeal for Frank and you, some people should really have control over there dogs letting them wander off is crazy, you never know when 'one of our banned vicious dogs might just attack', what a numpty banghead
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 15:58

janey wrote:

, what a numpty banghead

Numpty

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 16:16

Aww poor frank Sad hope he's got over his ordeal!

and as for the comments unfortunately you have to get used to it, it will no doubt happen again Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 18:19

well the police would laugh at her anyway when they find out how old your dog is. she was in the wrong and is the one that should be reported. dont let her bother you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 18:36

The police would laugh in her face! What would her story be, "My dog went onto private property and almost attacked an 8 week old puppy and his owner. But guess what!? The puppy was a Stafford!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlene_Frank Tue Sep 06 2011, 11:39

Well the crazy lady did phone the police, they came up last night, however she forgot to mention anything involving the dogs, and says I had threatening behaviour towards her.

So they come up to see why we had this "altercation" and were shocked when they found out what had happened! Their next stop was her house! Stupid woman.

One of the police men wouldn’t leave Frank alone, he was telling me that their family pet is a staffy who is now 3 and they have had since a pup too and he is great with their 4 kids applause the police officer is currently looking in to getting another staffy pup to add to his family!!

x
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 12:01

well glad it all worked out. glad she phoned them cos now she has not just shown herself up but will get a warning to keep her dogs under control. well done

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 13:29

Aww! Glad it turned out so well with the police! I'm sure she will get a warning for calling the police unnecessarily (she would here).

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Sep 06 2011, 16:19

Charlene_Frank wrote:Well the crazy lady did phone the police, they came up last night, however she forgot to mention anything involving the dogs, and says I had threatening behaviour towards her.

So they come up to see why we had this "altercation" and were shocked when they found out what had happened! Their next stop was her house! Stupid woman.

One of the police men wouldn’t leave Frank alone, he was telling me that their family pet is a staffy who is now 3 and they have had since a pup too and he is great with their 4 kids applause the police officer is currently looking in to getting another staffy pup to add to his family!!

x

Glad you had a visit really, at least know the police know how she is letting her dogs run riot. Lol at the policeman owning a Staffy too though, she couldn't have picked a better policeman to knock on your door. Bet he was mad at the stereotyping of a breed he owns too.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content