Just purchased a spring pole for Oliver.

3 posters

Go down

Just purchased a spring pole for Oliver. Empty Just purchased a spring pole for Oliver.

Post by Msigler Sat Aug 13 2011, 00:41

But so far to my surprise only Lola enjoys it. Oli is so lazy he just stands underneath it and whines for me to get it down for him. Laughing Click the picture for video.

Just purchased a spring pole for Oliver. Th_f5c51ada

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Just purchased a spring pole for Oliver. Empty Re: Just purchased a spring pole for Oliver.

Post by Pittboss Sat Aug 13 2011, 01:21

Your dogs look great! I have used a spring pole in the past it's a great workout for them.Try putting it lower to start they should have there back feet on the ground and be able to pull to the point there front feet touch to start.As they get better with it you can raise it higher.My last dog Bishop would take a running leap at his and swing from it.I have been trying to hold off on getting one for my pup Blue until at least 6 months and it was suggested a year on a post I made about it here.Don't think I'll make it to a year.
Pittboss
Pittboss
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blue
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Just purchased a spring pole for Oliver. Empty Re: Just purchased a spring pole for Oliver.

Post by Msigler Sat Aug 13 2011, 03:43

Thanks Marc. Oli turned a 1 year old last month and Lola is just 5 1/2 months but she loves it. I was shocked that he wouldn't touch it but she just leaped and grabbed it right out of the box. I was proud of my girl. She got some treats and belly rubs.

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Sat Aug 13 2011, 03:46

Watching that vid makes me realize that I need to cut down on her food. She's a chunker.

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13 2011, 04:18

She doesn't lok too fat to me. I want to get a springpole as well but our yard is soo small. Try not to let them jump up too much until they are at least a year or preferably 18 months as stated before.

I know it's hard becuase they like it so much. I think a little is okay but not a normal everyday thing. But becuase they are a heavy breed and their bones and ligaments need to fully devolp so they don't have difficulty with hip displacia or other types of injuries.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pittboss Sat Aug 13 2011, 06:42

Msigler wrote:Watching that vid makes me realize that I need to cut down on her food. She's a chunker.

Just a little baby fat maybe Big Grin .She will work it right off with her new toy I'm sure.
Pittboss
Pittboss

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blue
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Sat Aug 13 2011, 08:24

im gonna get rocky a spring pole but gonna wait till hes 18 m0nths too the same time as i get his custom collar made Big Grin
dkay72
dkay72
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : rocky
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Sat Aug 13 2011, 08:49

I got the spring pole for Oli but he is so spoiled... Lola is so wild and stubborn she wants it she goes after it and gets it. She is half his size and she tries to bully him. He ends up just laying on her and holding her down but she will never give up. Maybe you guys didn't see it but my lil' girl got a big piece of my heart today with that showing. I was trying and trying and trying to get Oli to grab that rope and he looked at me like I was silly. I even went as far as putting bacon on it.... Out of nowhere Lola runs up and leaps at it and swings from it. Tears as if my little girl was going to the prom. Aaaaand I've had to many and it's time for bed.

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Sat Aug 13 2011, 08:54

lol goodnite mike fair play your dogs are perfect Big Grin
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : rocky
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Sat Aug 13 2011, 08:58

Well i still gotta finish this pint. Big Grin

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down