Moving House!

2 posters

Go down

Moving House! Empty Moving House!

Post by Amipopzzz Sun Aug 07 2011, 01:23

So after spending a fortune sorting my garden out there's a good possibility were going to be moving!

I'm worried about how its going to effect the dogs?! We've not had Missy long, she's still a bit anxious when left alone, she puts all the shoes in her bed with her!! (ripped one of mine to shreds Crying or Very sad )

Its a great opportunity for us, as we rent off a housing association, currently have a beautiful modern, decent size 2 bedroom, in a quiet and sortafter area. we would be staying in the same areas and getting a 3 bed with a bigger garden, the downside is this not been decorated for 25 years!! and they smoked in the house .YUK!

but all that aside, is there anything i can do to help make the transition less stressful for my dogs, Henry has been with us for just over a year, and we've had missy since June. xx
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Moving House! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Missy
Dog(s) Ages : approx 13/14
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Moving House! Empty Re: Moving House!

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 09:58

It's always a stressful time for dogs (and humans!). Try using some Bach Rescue Remedy for a few days before, during & after. It'll help to even out the anxiety.

Then basically go back to basics. Let them sniff around as much as they like, take them for good, interesting walks and make sure they have something nice when they come home.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Aug 07 2011, 15:42

Id take them along with you as often as you can before you move , it will be worth the hard work im sure in the end Smile
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Sun Aug 07 2011, 21:12

The garden isnt secure on the front of the house yet, but the the people who live their have been really nice about everything so, they wouldnt mind my taking the dogs when were moving etc x

fingers crossed that we can move now, ive already started decorating in my head! the dogs will love it, they have a massive space at the bottom of the stairs all to them selfs xx
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Moving House! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Missy
Dog(s) Ages : approx 13/14
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down