Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs

+2
smitherssss23
adamjournalist
6 posters

Go down

Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs Empty Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs

Post by adamjournalist Thu Aug 04 2011, 23:52

Hi,

My name is Adam Thorn, I'm a freelance journalist who works in London for a variety of newspapers and magazines. I stumbled across a post on your forum (which it won't let me link to at the mo) about dogs given away on gumtree and ending up in illegal dog fighting. I was wondering if anyone had any more information that you could give me on it? In particular if anyone knows somebody affected who I might be able to speak too? I see the post was written by Steve, an admin, if someone would be able to put me into contact with him that would be great.

Thanks in advance guys,

Adam
(I can't post my email either!)

adamjournalist
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs Empty Re: Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05 2011, 00:50

What are your intentions with the information?
I don't really wish to hear next month about a journalist who wrote how "savage" bully "type" dogs were used to attack another dog, the bully breeds get enough of a bad name now by magazines and newspapers when it isn't their fault that are being brought up by irrespeonsible owners and are forced into these horrible situation.
Most of the cases i have research after reading them off certain sites like magazines and newspapers, the dog isn't even a bully type, they just make up that they are! Magazines and newspapers really seem to pick on the poor bullies and not once is the owner of the dog mentioned or the "right" situation that caused the incident.

Back to top Go down

Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs Empty Re: Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs

Post by smitherssss23 Fri Aug 05 2011, 03:18

applause
MissRogue wrote:What are your intentions with the information?
I don't really wish to hear next month about a journalist who wrote how "savage" bully "type" dogs were used to attack another dog, the bully breeds get enough of a bad name now by magazines and newspapers when it isn't their fault that are being brought up by irrespeonsible owners and are forced into these horrible situation.
Most of the cases i have research after reading them off certain sites like magazines and newspapers, the dog isn't even a bully type, they just make up that they are! Magazines and newspapers really seem to pick on the poor bullies and not once is the owner of the dog mentioned or the "right" situation that caused the incident.
smitherssss23
smitherssss23
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Maxi
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05 2011, 03:40

I really hope that isn't the case, this breed (and others like it) doesn't need any more bad press. They are truly great dogs. Here's my Stafford, Saxon, he loves anything with a beating heart:
Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs DSC_0177

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri Aug 05 2011, 08:39

adamjournalist wrote:Hi,

My name is Adam Thorn, I'm a freelance journalist who works in London for a variety of newspapers and magazines. I stumbled across a post on your forum (which it won't let me link to at the mo) about dogs given away on gumtree and ending up in illegal dog fighting. I was wondering if anyone had any more information that you could give me on it? In particular if anyone knows somebody affected who I might be able to speak too? I see the post was written by Steve, an admin, if someone would be able to put me into contact with him that would be great.

Thanks in advance guys,

Adam
(I can't post my email either!)

I didn't write it, i found it on the website(gumtree) i dont know if its true or not but it does sound genuine and easy way for dog fighters to get a bait dogs.

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rubythestaff Fri Aug 05 2011, 11:16

applause

rubythestaff
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05 2011, 13:52

applause staffy's have enough bad press, and the members of this forum adore the breed and are trying to everything we can to clear there 'stereotype' name, that the press have given them!.

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Fri Aug 05 2011, 19:47

I would really appreciate someone writing an article about this but only if it would be a type of a warning for all dog owners to be careful and not give away puppies to some random people...
but how can we be sure about unknown journalist's intentions?

Staffy owners are all strugling with 'bad press' so we definitely don't need any more of this, but if Mr Adam would like to write something positive, something truthful about the breed, then it will be just enough to read the forum to find a lot of useful information about amazing Staffies and their happy and responsible owners!

and I'm afraid that none od us knows anything more about this Gumtree ad because neither of us is giving puppies away like this, and neither of us is taking them to use for such horrible practice like dog fighting.

so we're probably no help if this is the main topic of the story.
spuker1
spuker1
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

Post by adamjournalist Sun Aug 07 2011, 11:22

Hi all,

I'm looking into dogs in general... the reason I am investigating this is only because I saw a warning posted on this website which read:

If you are unfortunate enough to be in a position where you have to sell or give your dog away please consider the owner enquiring about your pooch.

Some people around Guildford are taking on free or very cheap family dogs and using them in the brutal illegal sport, dog fighting. These dogs are caged and forced to fight other dogs that are trained to kill for money. As you can imagine it is a devastating end to a once loved part of the family. Dogs that will not fight are tied up and used as 'bait dogs' to be the punch bag for fighting dogs in training.

A lady who gave her Golden retriever away to a supposedly loving home, got a call only 2 weeks later from the RSPCA that had found her dead dog in a dog fighting establishment, tied up and its mussel duck taped after it had been mauled to death by other dogs. The microchip was still holding her previous owners address.

This is happening all the time, Dogs area also being stolen from homes and gardens and used to support this horrible sport.

If anyone knows who the lady with the Golden Retriever is, and how I could get in contact with her, it would be grately appreciated.

Cheers,

Adam

Thanks,

Adam

adamjournalist

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 11:30

i agree with everyone else on here. sorry adam but i'm afraid i wouldnt give any info even if i knew it. if a person came face to face with a badge proving they were from a reputable establishment wanting info then i would oblige but as you will agree we dont know who you are cannot see your ID or anything so how do we know you are not wanting the info so you can get in touch with the bad guys about fighting your dog. my little man is my pride and joy and it is not fare that the whole breed in general gets the bad name because of the subhuman people who decide to abuse them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 11:45

and like Saxon above, my staffy Jethro loves everything and everybody too ! here he is welcoming our new lamb with one of his sheep chums watching on....

Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs 002-6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 11:51

love it vanessa i didnt take a camera or phone with me and am fed up now cos my wee man was making friends with donkeys this morning

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 12:19

thanks Julie !!

Wish you would have taken your camera I LOVE staffys but I also LOVE donkeys too!! Maybe next time....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 12:26

I don't have a very clear picture but is my big boy Taz with my one chicken Elga.

Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs Recentnewestfone131

This isn't very clean and you will have to mute it, but here is Griff the stray cat i took in grooming Cassie.
https://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/MissRogue665/?action=view&current=MOV00015.mp4

And this is Cassie and Griff Playing.
https://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g414/MissRogue665/?action=view&current=MOV00012.mp4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 07 2011, 14:07

Heres baby harvey meeting the cows that live down the road Smile

Dogs given away on Gumtree - taken in by gangs Dsc00610

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Aug 07 2011, 16:28

SCUM thats all that springs to mind if I had any information whatsoever I would be going to the correct authorities Crying or Very sad
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down