Check this gumtree ad out, poor doggie!!

+9
Jackieb
harlou
Skullkandi
gem
Kathy
janey
Steve
Allison
Scubasteve
13 posters

Go down

Check this gumtree ad out, poor doggie!! Empty Check this gumtree ad out, poor doggie!!

Post by Scubasteve Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:09

Been nosing on gumtree this evening....I know I shouldn't! Crying or Very sad

Anyway came across this ad for staffie cross lab puppies. They are also getting rid of mum who is a staffie, but the thing that got me was that judging by the photos, it looks likely that mum is living in the bathroom! Sad

Really hope she goes to a loving home, if we had the room I'd taker her in but we don't Sad Poor baby is only a year old too Crying or Very sad Shouldn't have looked because it has really angered me!

http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/staffy-cross-lab-puppies-for-sale/92507751
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Check this gumtree ad out, poor doggie!! Empty Re: Check this gumtree ad out, poor doggie!!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:16

God only one year old and already had pups, she should be reported

Poor animals
angry

Back to top Go down

Check this gumtree ad out, poor doggie!! Empty Re: Check this gumtree ad out, poor doggie!!

Post by Allison Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:18

Omg the mum is only a year old why o why do people do this how flamin irresponsible and asking £150/200 for the pups - I do do hope they go to loving homes and the mum isnt used as a money maker which she probably will - cant help but be so negative seen it so often I would rather she had the bitch spayed instead of having the pups first vacs done and let the new owners vaccinate although would they - probs not - sad so very sad:(
Allison
Allison
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Check this gumtree ad out, poor doggie!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke and Dhaysi
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:19

it the soceity we live in these day Sad nothing surprise me anymore there are so many dumb people / people who just dont care for anything or anybody...

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:20

Mmm anyone fancy phoning?!?

Nasty ads, why do we read them Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:20

Hmmm been scrolling through the ads and found this too:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/puppies-for-sale-staff-x-lab/93413885

This was posted the day before the previous ad. Check out the pictures, one of them is identical on both ads, think it is the 3rd one on here. This ad however states that both mother and father can be seen because they are loving pets. Yet a day later a new ad is posted with a different number but same pictures saying mum is to be got rid of too! banghead
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:21

I was thinkin the exact same Janey. Good job my phone is upstairs and Ian is in bed or she would have had a mouthfull! Surprised
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:25

OMG just read the ad properly and she has written the words ...."and could easily have another litter" stomp I really need to get off gumtree! Sad
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:25

If It would help I would. What a xxxx. Disgusting Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:29

Sorry but I just cannot bring myself to look at Gumtree, what with all the horror stories I read on here I really don't need to. It's just so frustrating.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:30

Just found an ad for her, with a load of pictures. She is absolutely gorgeous! I really need to move to a massive house! Crying or Very sad Until then I am now off gumtree! really don't know why I do it!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:32

Who in there right mind advertises there stafford sitting on a toilet seat with there bed in the bathroom I mean for godsake the mentality is below gutter level Sad
Allison
Allison

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke and Dhaysi
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:44

Some people don't deserve to even come near a dog Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Dec 29 2011, 22:53

People like this make me sick bring it on they have the compassion of a rat and this is why the poor stafford is were it is today because of the mentality of morans like this may they hang there heads in shame for what they are doing to these poor animals loser
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 23:19

I honestly cannot describe how angry this has made me! The dog has done her job of producing money making puppies and now is being sold off to do the same for someone else, and at such a young age too! Absolutely sick. The owner should be banned from keeping animals. I really really hope that the mum and pups find good loving homes .

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Fri Dec 30 2011, 12:37

I can't phone in sadly because of my living arrangements and I already have two dogs =/ One is dog fearful (Silly Jue), but I would have phoned in and got the mother and one of the pups. A maximum of £350 to get a dog on it's mum out of misery. Not really too much to ask.
Skullkandi
Skullkandi

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 13:05

sounds very fishy to me as scuba says there using the same photo but one set suppost to be 2 weeks old and the other ready to go on the 27 dec mmmmmm

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Fri Dec 30 2011, 15:53

This is why there are so many unwanted staffys,people make me sick greedy uncaring b*********************
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 16:33

Allison wrote:Who in there right mind advertises there stafford sitting on a toilet seat with there bed in the bathroom I mean for godsake the mentality is below gutter level Sad

and her food and water bowl at the other side of the toilet

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Fri Dec 30 2011, 16:43

Shocking isn't it, yet the actual ad I found for her further down the listings has decent pictures of her playing.....not in the bathroom. I daren't go back in to look for it. But the listing also said she was very much loved but a move to England meant that she couldn't keep the dog! All lies in my opinion! Sad
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 16:47

Firstly, WHY did they let her have pups to a LARGE dog at 1? and secondly who the hell is going to pay that amount of money for a cross breed? bloody idiots. Sent her a cheeky little anon message telling her shes mental to think someone will pay that haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 16:49

Also she says the lab is a family pet, so what...shes keeping it but getting rid of the bitch? also why is there two different contacts? somethings off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Fri Dec 30 2011, 18:01

what possesses ppl to cross a staffy ffs !

just wrong...and in the bathroom ! omg - loveless home.

Poor little pup [thats what she is ! ] looks like a sweetie
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Fri Dec 30 2011, 18:41

One year old and been bred, some people should never be aloud to own dogs..
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Fri Dec 30 2011, 19:36

She has been on my mind all day long! I would love to go and get her! She looks so sweet in the pictures and no doubt she is going to end up in the hands of another breeding owner! But we can't realistically, we just don't have the room for another dog, we live in a box of a house and not sure how Tinkerbell would take to another dog! This one has really got to me though! Crying or Very sad
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 19:42

Personally i think that every dog and owner should have to have a breeding licence and any pups bred outside of that i.e. irresponsibly, should face some sort of fine and the pups taken and rehomed instead of being sold on the internet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki87 Fri Dec 30 2011, 20:42

This is just nuts, I agree its all abit dodgey!!!

only 1yrs and had a litter ..."could easily have another"

If she was a loved family pet she would be kept...Im thinking, going by both posts on gumtree...that the lab belonged to this Sian person and the staffy this jessica person hence why 2 adds with different numbers but same pics ...they are probs splitting the profits!

poor pups n mum....no thought of care or love just money!

I think before breeding, a licence needs to be obtained! and checks by local dog rescues maybe? or RSPCA
Kiki87
Kiki87
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiki87 Fri Dec 30 2011, 20:45

sent that before i was finished lol

checks by local dog rescues or RSPCA but also their involvement in the rehoming process so the pups have more of a chance ending up in good hands!

Anyone found putting ads up with out the right protocol in place should be fined or something...this needless breeding for cash needs to stop
Kiki87
Kiki87

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Fri Dec 30 2011, 21:38

effing idiots. I have to say I hate going onto gumtree and seeing these kind of ads. they're always about a year-18 months old too. What a beautiful dog she is too can't believe they're getting rid of her I absolutely love her even if she's been photographed sitting on the toilet - what were they thinking? Something definitely fishy about the whole thing poor little things I hope they get nice homes if nothing else.
ardvark
ardvark

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 22:00

I just Googled to see how far away she is because I want the mum out of there but its just too far Sad that poor girl is just gonna be a breeding machine Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Fri Dec 30 2011, 23:24

who's going to pay 200 quid for a cross bread? WTF? sorry for my language but I'm really angry

I can understand if the female dog stays in the bathroom for the first few days if that's where she gave birth etc and she feels safe there, so you would like to leave her there for a while... but not for that long, I guess they could have easily moved her and the pups to some cosier place by now... :/

is there any separate ad for the female dog then, or are they only saying they're selling her so people don't think she's a breeding machine?
spuker1
spuker1

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 31 2011, 09:06

Yes there is a seperate ad for mum, will find it if I can later. There is however (unless he has already gone) no seperate ad for dad.

Shon, they are only around 40mins away from me but we can't take her in. We just seriously don't have room to seperate them when we are out! Tinkerbell's crate just fits in the kitchen and the living room is full with just furniture so can't even add one to the living room! Crying or Very sad And without sounding mean I'm not sure we can afford two dogs, both needing spaying etc! Food wouldn't be much more, insurance would just be another on Tinkerbell's and isn't much anyway but it is the vet fee's x2 that would kill us! I have done nothing but think about this since I seen it! I wish we were in a better position to take her in!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 31 2011, 12:09

Couldn't help myself had to reply to the ad....as nicely as I could, may I add! This is what I wrote, just hope it is taken into account:

"Hi, just wanted to say I really hope you find a good home for the mother. Poor baby is so young to have alredy had a litter, and I totally disagree with your comment saying she could have another litter. That is so unfair on her to basically be advertised as a breeding machine. If you really cared for this dog you would be spaying her before she was sold. This would prevent a "much loved family pet" falling into the worng hands and being bred from and used as a money making machine. Ther are so many unwanted staffies in rescues and an attitude like this just enhances the problem. Like I say I sincerely hope you find a loving home forever home for her. I am just gutted that we already have a dog and no room for more, otherwise I would take her to enusre she gets the love she deserves. Sorry if this sounds harsh or nasty, but just wanted to make you aware that a comment like this about her "easily having another litter" is just asking for trouble, and if you truly cared about her you would remove that comment so she goes to a family home."

And for those that want to look, this is the mother's add: Some much nicer pics thatn the toilet one so why use that one at all?!

Hmmm just searched the whole of gumtree and can no longer find the listing. Looks like it has been removed, didn't think you could do that. Unless she has sold the bitch already?!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 31 2011, 13:47

I said something to that effect too....only not so diplomatically ;]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down