Just back from the vets again........

Go down

Just back from the vets again........ Empty Just back from the vets again........

Post by janey Mon Aug 01 2011, 19:23

Moo got her first tick. Didn't know what it was for a few days, looked like an extra nipple to be honest! Never seen one on a dog before! But this morning I could definatly tell it was a tick, removed it but the bloody head stayed in, so up the vets I went, lovely nurse removed it and now where home. Thankfully not charged Smile The vets said that they had been seeing a lot more cases this year.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Just back from the vets again........ Empty Re: Just back from the vets again........

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 20:38

Yuk, yuk, yuk! Surprised

Found one on Dempsey a few weeks back & removed it - luckily it all came away.

Where does a tick stand in the great scheme of life, the universe & everything? What earthly use is it?

Back to top Go down

Just back from the vets again........ Empty Re: Just back from the vets again........

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 22:21

I usually run a lighter over a needle to get it hot. If you touch the tick with it they will normally let go a bit and you can get all of it with a pair of tweezers. Never found a tick on one of my dogs but I've had more than a few on me. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 22:35

I'v never had a problem with my lot but i remember when i was younger i used to go around catching hedghogs they used to be full of them and they can make them seriousely ill so i used to remove them, i'm pretty good at removing them, with the whole grab and twist but when ever the head got stuck, i used a little vinegar on the end of a cotton bud (let it drip into the cut/onto the head) and that used to kill the head, I always kept them over night in these huges enclosures to fatten then up and by the morning the tick head would of died, then i'd let them go, back where i found them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01 2011, 22:55

This is a useful bit of info..............

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-remove-a-tick/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down