laura-saff
niff
buster2011
15 posters

Go down

stupid dogs and stupid owners Empty stupid dogs and stupid owners

Post by buster2011 Mon Jul 18 2011, 22:56

me my wife and buster want to are local car boot
we are walking round and about 5 of these toy dogs took pops at at buster and he did not do any thing he did not bark or any thing
one lady had a go at my wife for having a staff Sad

why are there so many stupid other dog owners it seems that if you own a staff or know someone that have one you love them but if you own another breed it seems that they hate them

has anyone else had this Smile

buster2011
buster2011
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
stupid dogs and stupid owners Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : buster
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

stupid dogs and stupid owners Empty Re: stupid dogs and stupid owners

Post by niff Mon Jul 18 2011, 23:07

get use to it matey lol

people cross the road all the time when they see me and my two coming

more to get away from me likely lolol
niff
niff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by laura-saff Mon Jul 18 2011, 23:13

It doesn't make much of a difference how well behaved they are, mines better behaved then most of my family members dogs and I still have relitives that refuse to come and visit. Grrr. People don't give them a chance!
laura-saff
laura-saff
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : saffron (saffy)
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18 2011, 23:15

As Niff said you have to get used to it, it will happen again and again....

I've had loads of times now but it just shows how naive and stupid some people are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18 2011, 23:17

i would of just turned round and said .. "i might have a staff lady, but if you hadnt noticed it was your TOY DOGS having a pop at my dog! now run along!" .. lol! .. i cant stand people like this! .. like said above it happens alot, i just laugh at them and fuss my dogs going ohhh look how visciously they are licking me or playing with there ball wowza! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Mon Jul 18 2011, 23:29

I have a pretty sharp tongue and have been know to hurt some feelings over things like this. I have had a good scrap in the alley before over a fella taunting my dogs before. He doesn't come down my alley anymore. Smile

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18 2011, 23:38

Good for you!! .. i always stick up for my dogs, i always say how dare you judge my dogs or the breed over the fact you would rather believe a stereotype than actually look into the breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Jul 18 2011, 23:39

Its about educating people. Everyones far too eager, and dim, to believe everything in the media that gives our guys a bad name. If we will ever win peoples opinions I don't know, but even changing a few peoples minds then it's a start Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 00:40

I guess we are very lucky. There aren't many Staffies here and usually people will approach us to ask about Suki which lets us educate people about her.

Back to top Go down

Post by danny Tue Jul 19 2011, 01:17

Whahaha try to walk 1staffie and 2 bull terriers without gettin coments whahaha i used to try to educate the people but i stoped they dont want to know they nade up there mind and thats that.
Last saturday a guy told me i have a great looking am.staff i asked him if hey was some kind of expert to notice that hey said he's a huge am.staff lover i told him he's full of grab co it's an sbt but he told me i was wrong and that it's a am.staff.
so get used to it and don't worry about it just enjoy your dog.
danny
danny
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Duke & Duchess & Vito
Dog Gender(s) : Duke male Duchess female Vito male
Support total : 8

http://www.debullterrier.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 02:56

jstaff wrote:I guess we are very lucky. There aren't many Staffies here and usually people will approach us to ask about Suki which lets us educate people about her.

I think we are lucky here too, although we have lots of staffy's in Australia, I guess they don't have the same reputation as the do in the UK. every one who sees me walking Russell wants to know him. But then again he is a puppy so lets see if there is a stigma when he is older.

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Tue Jul 19 2011, 09:50

I had Violet out visiting, and I had her wrapped up in a blanket carrying her because she hasn't had all her jags yet - a woman came up to us to say how beautiful Violet was, and she was a great pup, and put her nose right in the pups face. Then she told us to watch out when we're in the park - there are staffy dogs there and they're all vicious! Best take your nose out the vicious dogs face then.
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jul 19 2011, 10:03

Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by kris82 Tue Jul 19 2011, 10:07

It the way some breads are treated, we had a great rotty (diesel) he wouldnt have harmed a fly. yet the press they and staffies get still cloud peoples judgment Sad . In my opinion its the owners who need to be looked at. When i told friends we were getting a staff there was loads of negative coments, yet as soon as they met her they soon changed their tune Big Grin.
untill the media stops the bad press, blaming the dog instead of the owner things are not going to change. Some people only get a perticuar dog because of their reputation they are the ones that need sorting out. from rotties to staffies and now huskies are the dogs to have its madness at wits end
kris82
kris82

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : coco
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Tue Jul 19 2011, 11:50

I know exactly how you feel. I've had people cross the road, pick up their dogs, quickly usher their kids away (when my staff is so gentle with kids), and the usual typical staff ignorance.

Last night I actually had an incident where I was happily walking my staff after work. He was off lead and wears a muzzle when off lead as we have had a couple incidents with small dogs where has got a bit too excited/dominant , and also an incident when he was stressed, so I am only being better safe than sorry. Although he is not generally dog agressive but I am not taking the chance while he is still quite young.

Anyway, 3 teenagers approached us, 2 girls and a boy roughly about 17/18. The boy had a border collie on the lead and my staff trotted up calmly to say 'hello' as he does with most dogs we pass. He was no threat but the eldest girl rushed towards him shouting "NO NO NO" and put her leg out to stop him, which in turn led him to believe there was something more exciting about this dog, so he then ran up to the border collie, who then lunged at him snapping and growling and trying to attack him. This lead to my staff acting defensively as he could and he jumped on the collie's back. She was then reapeatedly screaming at me to "PUT MY F***IN' DOG ON A LEAD".

I was just about to grab his collar to calmly pull him away as he could not hurt the collie, when this older girl then booted my poor boy hard in the ribs throwing him about a foot in the air and making him yelp. How I stopped myself from giving her a slap myself I don't know!! She got some serious choice words from me about how dare she kick my dog and I told her she should not only have her dog on a lead but muzzled also if it reacted like that to dogs that came near it. I was livid! The language was blue as you can imagine. angry

But if I had a quid for everyone that would no doubt take her side over what happened, I would be a rich lady today!
Lis
Lis

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dizzy
Dog(s) Ages : 9
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 11:56

buster2011 wrote:
has anyone else had this Smile

When I showed Bandit, it was a continual blast of ill feeling towards the Stafford area of the show. People would walk their dog right through the middle of the area next to the staff ring, and then complain that it was like walking the gauntlet. The fact that they could have walked the other way round never seemed to occur to them.

You do get used to it in the end, but it isn't always easy. After a while you just get to smile sweetly and complement the other person on how badly they controlled their vicious fluff ball.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Tue Jul 19 2011, 12:02

[/quote]
You do get used to it in the end, but it isn't always easy. After a while you just get to smile sweetly and complement the other person on how badly they controlled their vicious fluff ball.[/quote]

Couldn't have put it better myself !!! Laughing
Lis
Lis

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by buster2011 Tue Jul 19 2011, 12:03

i would of slaped her if they kicked my dog
in bristol we have lots of knobs with staffs they are not looked after right and nuts in a bad way

kids get theys dog to look hard but if you need a dog to be hard then you better go cry to mummy
buster2011
buster2011

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Tue Jul 19 2011, 12:04

Caryll wrote:

You do get used to it in the end, but it isn't always easy. After a while you just get to smile sweetly and complement the other person on how badly they controlled their vicious fluff ball.

Couldn't have put it better myself !!! Laughing
Lis
Lis

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 13:43

Lis wrote:I know exactly how you feel. I've had people cross the road, pick up their dogs, quickly usher their kids away (when my staff is so gentle with kids), and the usual typical staff ignorance.

Last night I actually had an incident where I was happily walking my staff after work. He was off lead and wears a muzzle when off lead as we have had a couple incidents with small dogs where has got a bit too excited/dominant , and also an incident when he was stressed, so I am only being better safe than sorry. Although he is not generally dog agressive but I am not taking the chance while he is still quite young.

Anyway, 3 teenagers approached us, 2 girls and a boy roughly about 17/18. The boy had a border collie on the lead and my staff trotted up calmly to say 'hello' as he does with most dogs we pass. He was no threat but the eldest girl rushed towards him shouting "NO NO NO" and put her leg out to stop him, which in turn led him to believe there was something more exciting about this dog, so he then ran up to the border collie, who then lunged at him snapping and growling and trying to attack him. This lead to my staff acting defensively as he could and he jumped on the collie's back. She was then reapeatedly screaming at me to "PUT MY F***IN' DOG ON A LEAD".

I commend and applaud your self control. If someone kicked Suki I would definately be going to jail.

I was just about to grab his collar to calmly pull him away as he could not hurt the collie, when this older girl then booted my poor boy hard in the ribs throwing him about a foot in the air and making him yelp. How I stopped myself from giving her a slap myself I don't know!! She got some serious choice words from me about how dare she kick my dog and I told her she should not only have her dog on a lead but muzzled also if it reacted like that to dogs that came near it. I was livid! The language was blue as you can imagine. angry

But if I had a quid for everyone that would no doubt take her side over what happened, I would be a rich lady today!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 13:55

i would of ended up slapping her if she'd of kicked one of mine!! i have a very short fuse when it comes to how people treat my dogs haha .. i remember once when i had a cross dog a girl acted all hard towards me when we had an argument to which she said "i'l boot ya f*****g dog" to which i replied oh yea, take it out on my dog instead of me? makes you solid that does, touch my dog and its a Fact you will come of worse by my doing huni!

Back to top Go down

Post by giblet Tue Jul 19 2011, 14:05

well i get it all the time when im out with just my staffy they cross the road pull there kids away and say that its a dangers dog but as soon as i walk him with are chihuahua its a different story they all say is,ent he good and look how soft he is but what they dont seem to see is that he is good and soft all the time and that if a dog snapped at the chihuahua then they would see a dog that stands up for its self dont get me wrong both my dogs ars people and dog freindly but the little one will stand up for his self
giblet
giblet

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : harley
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Tue Jul 19 2011, 14:10

I'd have had to have slapped her!! silly girl =(

I've converted my parents who were very concerned about me having a staff with my son, my dad however researched and gave Henry the benefit of the doubt,they now loves him loads =D

i challenge anyone to not fall in love with Missy on sight, and so far she has converted my mum,dad,sister inlaw, mother in law, father in law,..the list is endless .......
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Missy
Dog(s) Ages : approx 13/14
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by laura-saff Tue Jul 19 2011, 15:38

We get it more now as well as we have a small shop below our flat and saff sits behind the counter in her basket while I'm working, and I would say 50% of the customers are fine and some will shout her over, but the other 50% will have a sarcy comment to make or just stand well back. We had one customer not long back spot saff [fast asleep in her bed] and say to his wife “oh look its one of those ferocious dogs“, then asked me, I hope it doesn't jump over the counter and bite me?“ With a proper serious face on! And I had reel off my well rehearsed no she's fine she's a big softie....
laura-saff
laura-saff

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by johneva Tue Jul 19 2011, 16:16

Its not to bad round by us, living in Stafford alot of the locals love staffs. But yeah we have still had the odd person say and do dumb stuff.

Like the other half got from one of her work mates, "oh you got a baby eater, they are not very nice dogs them." :O

Some people see all the hype made by the papers and belive it, they dont actually know anything about dogs is the trouble so they just belive what they read in the papers. Thing is people should know better and should not belive a word the papers say as its all written to sell papers an most of it is not true or is very much a warped story which started with some truth but ended up not even close to the truth.
johneva
johneva

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by buster2011 Tue Jul 19 2011, 16:38

in a way iam luckly as live in city and people are not always that bad
think because there are a few good owners around were i live
but iam from a farming town and there is not that many staffs there so poeple go over the top it make me some time not what to take him as mum works in pet shop and you can take your dogs in but you can see people juging me buster and my mum
and i have to say like most poeple have said i over react somtime

any way they can go jump as i love sbt Love Struck Big Grin
buster2011
buster2011

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bell Bell Tue Jul 19 2011, 17:02

To settle an disagreement with a friend of ours, the arguement being it's the owners and not the breed. I demonstrated how I can easily walk my Staffordshire Bull Terrier when I have my suit on and people are happy to say hello in passing.

However when I walk Bella when I get back from the gym, people avoid us like the plague and one old woman actually picked up HER snapping Jack Russell and started shouting .... My dog doesn't like Staffs!

To which I calmly replied .. My dear, Bella is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier not a Staff and it is your dog that has the attitude problem, you can clearly see my dog is unfazed! Please control your vicious dog or I will report you, here's my business card if you would like to discuss further.

She was a little taken back not realising I'm a senior director for a blue chip company who was wearing gym roughs.

Now i'm not saying everyone should wear a suit to walk their dogs but please remember there are ignorant, arrogant and uneducated people out there who jump to the wrong conclusions everyday, not only regarding Staffordshire Bull Terriers but I expect in the own lifes aswell.

Alot of people are generally bigots and its a shame that humans have given these dogs a bad name and not the breed.

Now I have got that off my chest, I do have to say that if anyone had kicked my Bella I no doubt would be handwritting a rant from Pentonville Prison Laughing

We've had Bella now for 9 months and she totally enhances our lives and since the children have grown up she has actually brought my wife and I closer than ever....I owe alot to her. Smile
Bell Bell
Bell Bell
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Tue Jul 19 2011, 17:03

laura-saff wrote:We get it more now as well as we have a small shop below our flat and saff sits behind the counter in her basket while I'm working, and I would say 50% of the customers are fine and some will shout her over, but the other 50% will have a sarcy comment to make or just stand well back. We had one customer not long back spot saff [fast asleep in her bed] and say to his wife “oh look its one of those ferocious dogs“, then asked me, I hope it doesn't jump over the counter and bite me?“ With a proper serious face on! And I had reel off my well rehearsed no she's fine she's a big softie....

OMG... lol!! Yeah, Saff looks real viscious there in that photo in her bed... NOT!!
Some people are unbelievable they really are Surprised
Lis
Lis

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by laura-saff Tue Jul 19 2011, 18:44

Haha I know! especially when she's asleep. So ferocious!
laura-saff
laura-saff

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Tue Jul 19 2011, 19:34

Trying to walk this guy down the street without getting snotty looks is impossible.
stupid dogs and stupid owners 081c70cdThey don't see this.
stupid dogs and stupid owners Eb46ea47

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Tue Jul 19 2011, 19:42

i tend to give a look laugh in there face and say grow the f.... up then carry on walking Surprised Big Grin
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : rocky
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19 2011, 20:39

Saxon is often the best behaved dog on the block, and while most people seem to get it there are still people that have an attitude about him. Most recently while I was walking Saxon a fluffywhitedog lunged towards Saxon barking like mad. Saxon sniffed in the dog's general direction and the dog's owner picked up his dog and said to it, "That dog would eat you as a snack, Ellie." I don't think it should have bothered me as much as it did, but Saxon is such a good dog and I wish people understood that!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mooch Wed Jul 20 2011, 05:40

unfortunately its a way of life if you own a SBT you have to have thick skin
mooch
mooch

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bell Bell Wed Jul 20 2011, 08:53

Msigler wrote:Trying to walk this guy down the street without getting snotty looks is impossible.
stupid dogs and stupid owners 081c70cdThey don't see this.
stupid dogs and stupid owners Eb46ea47

His Avatar picture is brilliant .... what a great dog! Big Grin
Bell Bell
Bell Bell

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Jul 20 2011, 10:22

What great photos, I love seeing staffies cuddled up to one another, or other dogs in fact - exactly what all the numpties don't see!!

And what a handsome guy Oliver is Smile

This is Dizzy and his best friend Holly after a trip to the beach
stupid dogs and stupid owners Dh111

Best buds Love Struck
stupid dogs and stupid owners Dh210
Lis
Lis

Status Status :

Female