Which housetraining method do you employ?

4 posters

Go down

Which housetraining method do you employ? Pbucket22%Which housetraining method do you employ? Pbucket 22% 
[ 2 ]
Which housetraining method do you employ? Pbucket22%Which housetraining method do you employ? Pbucket 22% 
[ 2 ]
Which housetraining method do you employ? Pbucket44%Which housetraining method do you employ? Pbucket 44% 
[ 4 ]
Which housetraining method do you employ? Pbucket0%Which housetraining method do you employ? Pbucket 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which housetraining method do you employ? Pbucket11%Which housetraining method do you employ? Pbucket 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Which housetraining method do you employ? Empty Which housetraining method do you employ?

Post by Steve Wed Aug 25 2010, 20:17

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Which housetraining method do you employ? Empty Re: Which housetraining method do you employ?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 21:48

paper training worked very well, i would recommend this type of training

Back to top Go down

Which housetraining method do you employ? Empty Re: Which housetraining method do you employ?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 12:43

Kaos was crate trained which has worked brilliantly! Ty ummmmm cant really remember i think i just used to take him out side like every 1/2 hour and treat him every time he went which also worked well....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 14:04

Although mine was crate trained, I house-trained him by taking him outside about every hour. He never soiled his crate anyway, so it was a matter of getting up once ot twice during the night to let him out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stupid Staffy Sun Sep 19 2010, 11:28

Lucy was virtually housebroken at 8 weeks. In the month we have had her there has been a few accidents, but on the whole she is very dependable for a 3 month old. She goes through the night, gives you a morning lick for her morning wizz after that we take her out after naps, play, before bed etc or we leave the door open and out she goes on her own.
Stupid Staffy
Stupid Staffy
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lucy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19 2010, 22:56

Blue used to wee in the house when no one was looking.....but i managed to catch him once....said no took him in the garden and he has never done it since. I was very lucky that he got it so quickly.
Walking into the youngest daughters bedroom shutting the door behind himself then whining cos he can't get out is where im having problems getting though to him lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19 2010, 23:34

the guy we got memphis off had done a great job of training him to about 85% complete only a couple of accidents and he goes all night without going and straight out in morn and does his buissness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21 2010, 12:12

P.S. We did actually try putting some 'pee pads' down when we first got Dempsey.

He ate them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21 2010, 13:34

i no we bought puppy pads and they dont last two minutes without gettin ripped to shreads so we went to newspaper and he leaves it alone puppy pads have a scent which if you think is only going to attract a pup and when every thing goes in the mouth it a recipe for trouble lol

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Sep 21 2010, 15:45

I was very lucky, Moo was a rescue and allready house trained so needed no effort from me!! Wink
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by daisyszoo Tue Sep 21 2010, 21:37

I chose crate-training but it was more schedule based I think since I took her out every time she came out of her crate, everytime after she ate or drank water, and always before she went into the crate...so she got used to the routine and housebroke very easily I thought

daisyszoo
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Olive
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down