Staffi Peeing everywhere

4 posters

Go down

Crying Staffi Peeing everywhere

Post by cheyanneb Fri Jul 23 2021, 21:38

I have a Staffi named Peewee, we rescued him from a abusive home last year in July. Well about 3 months ago he started peeing in the house and marking on everything in my house.. I have tried everything. I work part time (5 Hours) Mon-Friday. and i come home on my lunch and take him out there is a mess everyday. it doesn't fail that there pee everywhere.. And he have taken him to the vet and spent over $4000. We ended up getting a new dog a month ago thinking maybe he was lonely and he continues.. I have tried put him outside, smack to the but and saying no, Giving so much attention cause I've read to do that cause that's what they want. But nothing is working. Please help.
cheyanneb
cheyanneb
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Your Country : Australia
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Peewee
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Crying Re: Staffi Peeing everywhere

Post by Jenc Sat Jul 24 2021, 08:47

Hi & welcome to the forum wave

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have several information sheets for those of you looking for help with specific issues. You will find them here:

Staffi Peeing everywhere Animated-arrow-image-0192 Training and behaviour information

Staffi Peeing everywhere Animated-arrow-image-0192 Puppy information

If you can't find an answer to your question, just ask! You'll probably find someone on here has come across your problem too.

This forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Staffi Peeing everywhere Animated-arrow-image-0192 Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Staffi Peeing everywhere Animated-arrow-image-0192 Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Staffi Peeing everywhere Animated-arrow-image-0192 You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Staffi Peeing everywhere Animated-arrow-image-0192 How to update your Profile information
Staffi Peeing everywhere Animated-arrow-image-0192 See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Staffi Peeing everywhere B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Sat Jul 24 2021, 08:55

Hi from me & Katy, welcome to our forum Smile Unfortunately it sounds like Peewee is living up to his name doh I assume he was check for uti? Is he neutered? What are you cleaning the pee up with?
At 4yrs he should be able to hold his bladder while you are working! Did anything happen to him or any changes in the house before he started marking?
Please don't smack him! No dog should be smacked, they don't understand why you did it & especially as you rescued him from an abusive home!!

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sat Jul 24 2021, 18:06

Hello and welcome.

So I agree with Jen, and you have to be very careful what you use to clean up the pee to prevent him from going back to remark the spot.

Do you leave him loose in the whole house when you’re out or does he have a reduced area to spend his time ?
Is he just peeing and marking when you’re out or when you’re home too ?
Is he crate trained ?

I would firstly keep him in a reduced space (one room in the house, in playpen if he’ll stay in there) to avoid having to clean your house from top to bottom every day.
Male dog pants also exist … my friend breeder had them as precaution for new adult male dog, she stopped using them after a week as he house trained very quickly.

Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Sat Jul 24 2021, 18:25

cheyanneb wrote:I have a Staffi named Peewee, we rescued him from a abusive home last year in July. Well about 3 months ago he started peeing in the house and marking on everything in my house.. I have tried everything. I work part time (5 Hours) Mon-Friday. and i come home on my lunch and take him out there is a mess everyday. it doesn't fail that there pee everywhere.. And he have taken him to the vet and spent over $4000. We ended up getting a new dog a month ago thinking maybe he was lonely and he continues.. I have tried put him outside, smack to the but and saying no, Giving so much attention cause I've read to do that cause that's what they want. But nothing is working. Please help.

Hi & welcome.

Firstly, what made you feel that another dog would solve the problem?

How old is he?

Something must have happened 3  months ago to prompt this behaviour & smacking him or shouting at him won't help. What's done is done & he won't know WHY you are smacking him.

Has the vet ruled out a UTI? Unusual peeing in the house is often a marker for an infection. Is he neutered? At other times is he peeing normally? If it's a recent thing, it's nothing to do with attention seeking unless something has happened to take your attention away from him.

What do you use to clean the pee areas?

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down