is naturediet a good food to feed

3 posters

Go down

is naturediet a good food to feed Empty is naturediet a good food to feed

Post by paulak Mon Mar 12 2018, 20:12

hi all, am trying to find a good food to feed my future puppy, ive been reading that naturediet is meant to be a good one...does anyone feed there staffies this and what do you feel are the benefits?
has anyone fed this and had any negative things with it?....or dose anyone have any better food they can recommend..all advice and recommendations welcome, I don't have a staffie at the moment but hope to by summer. in the mean time I am looking into best food as I feel it one of the most important things you need for a healthy happy dog, and theres so much choice out there it become a headache trying to decide doh
paulak
paulak
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : willow
Dog(s) Ages : 8 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

is naturediet a good food to feed Empty Re: is naturediet a good food to feed

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2018, 20:24

I've used this for brief spells when travelling. Mine were previously on straight raw till Miss Fussy (Millie) decided she wasn't going to eat that any more, and travelling with frozen food isn't an option. Naturediet seemed a good next best thing.

This is a good place to check different foods

https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/the-dog-food-directory

It's got loads of information on nutritional value and price, so you can make a well educated decision. Naturediet comes out fairly well.

So much of the decision on what to feed comes down to what is right for you too. Naturediet is nutritionally good and easy to handle. For me personally I don't like that much plastic packaging and Mills wasn't keen on it (she is a very fussy eater), so we now feed a combination of raw and Millie's Wolfheart, which seems to keep them all happy (even though I hate handing the raw bit!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Paris1990 Mon Mar 12 2018, 21:16

Would you consider raw feeding? I don’t know much about this brand but I’m going to guess it might be quite pricey when you buy all the packs you would need for a month. I feed my hank the raw mixes from a website called Landywoods, I’m just assuming you’re based in the UK, the packs there are very good quality meat and excellent value for money.
Paris1990
Paris1990
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Support Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Hank
Dog(s) Ages : 2 Year
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2018, 08:05

I can recommend Landywoods as well. Their meats are great quality and the service is good. You do need freezer space, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Wed Mar 14 2018, 11:26

Either Landywoods or Nutriment from your local pet store (not Pets at Home, unfortunately). If they don't sell it they can order it in for you - it's really good & there are several one protein feeds (so all lamb, or all rabbit, or all salmon etc) plus a couple of mixed (duck & turkey, venison & turkey).

gillybrent
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by paulak Sat Mar 17 2018, 17:16

thanks everyone who replied, and thanks for the raw suggestion. but I am not confident enough to go down that route, I know people who have fed raw and ended up with dogs with health problems further down the line due to something lacking in this diet, I may stick with a high quality dog kibble instead...but thanks again...
paulak
paulak

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17 2018, 17:33

Raw's not for everyone. It sounds like you're doing the right thing - research. The choice appears baffling but by asking, reading and thinking, you'll find that one option will be for you. And ask away, we really don't mind!

Back to top Go down

Post by paulak Sat Mar 17 2018, 22:22

thank you liz, I am trying my best to pick a good one..another I'm looking into is barking heads...
paulak
paulak

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 18 2018, 08:36

That's another that's fine, as far as I can see. Of the 3 kibbles you're looking at at the moment, Applaws seems to come out on top if you look at nutritional quality and price.

Back to top Go down

Post by gillybrent Sun Mar 18 2018, 08:52

paulak wrote:thanks everyone who replied, and thanks for the raw suggestion. but I am not confident enough to go down that route, I know people who have fed raw and ended up with dogs with health problems further down the line due to something lacking in this diet, I may stick with a high quality dog kibble instead...but thanks again...

If you're going to do the whole meaty bones/fresh offal etc then it can be quite daunting but the ready mixed ones are, literally, complete food - like the kibble, but not processed. The reason I mention Nutriment is that most of the ready mixed raws use ground meat which turns sloppy when thawed, but Nutriment is minced & keeps its form when thawed - much more appetising.

gillybrent

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down