excited/aggressive?

Go down

excited/aggressive? Empty excited/aggressive?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08 2011, 14:55

Having issues with Russell and my parents 8-10ish year old corgi cross Bonnie.
Bonnie is a rescue and since we have had her she has always been the boss of every dog that ever comes into our house... she is a bit of a cranky girl and Russell is the only one who has ever tried to challenge her. He just does not stop, she lays on her bed and he just stands there barking at her, he'll sneak up and pull on her collar and nipping at her tail, its as if he is trying to get her to snap, and when she does he freaks out and runs off, turns around and comes straight back for more.
He also does this strange thing where he whips his body around and smacks her with his rear end, like he is holding her back with his bum and snapping at her, he also sounds very growly and snappy when he does this but I havent figured out if its playing or aggression or what. (if it is playing Bonnie wont give him the time of day, she just snaps every now and then)

sorry long post, but here is what we have tried to stop the behaviour:
-holding him down till he relaxes completely (like cesar milan) this worked, but only for half an hour or so break before he was at it again.
-saying "AH" and pushing him away from her... hasn't really worked much.
-allowing Bonnie on the couch, only worked when he couldnt reach... he can reach now.

I dont really know what else to try? keeping him on the lead at their house?

-I might add, he is just as boisterous with Charlie (labrador in the same house) but Charlie lets him and plays to cos hes a big push over

Back to top Go down

excited/aggressive? Empty Re: excited/aggressive?

Post by Pittboss Fri Jul 08 2011, 20:15

russdogmum wrote:

-holding him down till he relaxes completely (like cesar milan) this worked, but only for half an hour or so break before he was at it again.

This method is for aggression and it sounds more like play to me.
I would recommend leaving the lead on and using some collar correction a quick jerk of the lead and a sharp no or shhh or whatever you choose followed by a basic command like sit.You could also try to walk them together and allow them to interact in a more social setting this should burn some of the playful energy off and allow them to interact in a more productive way.I am a fan of ceaser milan and his model of exercise discipline affection.
Keeps us posted on your progress
Pittboss
Pittboss
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blue
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down