Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff?

5 posters

Go down

Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff? Empty Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff?

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:07

I haven't for a while.

He takes to the sofa, when I go to bed, and seems to be happy with that.

Once got this cushion thing, filled with something recycled.

Meant to be very durable, but he chewed a corner of it, and it became unsafe after that, unless I wanted to keep sewing the bits, over and over... at wits end

Used to use a blue and solid plastic one for a Bull Terrier.

He liked that well enough, but it was an ugly looking thing.

Something durable and good looking would be great though.

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Ti Amo
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff? Empty Re: Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff?

Post by janey Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:14

I have 2 retired dog beds under my bed Laughing she sleeps on mine now or the sofa, which I had great fun trying to de-fur today, even though it has a throw!!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff? Empty Re: Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:22

Skye has her bed in her crate and vinnie has his bed next to her crate ... then they both have one for in the living room Smile lol .. they have the square cushion type one's and love em' lol
my previous staffy diesel had the same type but we put it inside his big red plastic bed base, loved it lol.

Last edited by staffy-lover89 on Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:24; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:23

janey wrote:I have 2 retired dog beds under my bed Laughing she sleeps on mine now or the sofa, which I had great fun trying to de-fur today, even though it has a throw!!

Leather is the way to go, quick wipe down, and you're good.

Here are some I spotted

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380343647647&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270764463086&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290579744822&var=590020487126&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Big Grin
Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:24

staffy-lover89 wrote:Skye has her bed in her crate and vinnie has his bed next to her crate ... then they both have one for in the living room Smile lol .. they have the square cushion type one's and love em' lol

Don't you find crates take up a lot of space?

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:24

Hiya steve.. even though Inca has the choice of sleeping anywhere downstairs ( she doesn't like going up the stairs !! weird dog..) she usually prefers the couch, rug, anything with sun shinning on it during the day but of a night time she swaps from her big bed to the couch and visa versa. She loves to drag her soft teddys into her big soft bed of a night time. When we 1st got her she preferred to sleep in our cats igloo ( our cat was not impressed !)
Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff? Photo-0295-2
Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff? Amtryintosleep-1
She now has a bigger bed which she loves just as much ..
Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff? Playinblissfully...
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:25

yeaa kinda, but when the weather's nice we just stick it outside in the garden till it goes dark lol, otherwise it stays infront of the back door

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:27

Aww Sue, Incas adorable Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:30

we have a couple of dogs beds for harvey a big one in the front room which he lies on if he gets to warm sitting with us on the sofa, and one that is in his crate and is huge which he sleeps in generally if he wants a bit of quiet Smile

Although at night he sleeps on our bed so we don't have one upstairs.

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:34

Cheers Janey... Have to admit she does make me slightly go all ga-ga over her haha !!!

Gotta say though i LOVE Missy's colouring .. she is lush Love Struck
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:41

Suki only has her crate now. We did buy her two fancy beds. One will be used to replace her crate and is cushioned and shapped like a dog house. The other is a large oval shape. We gave her the second one and she thought it was a chew toy. Once we know she won't eat them will give them to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:46

hollymolly wrote:Hiya steve.. even though Inca has the choice of sleeping anywhere downstairs ( she doesn't like going up the stairs !! weird dog..) she usually prefers the couch, rug, anything with sun shinning on it during the day but of a night time she swaps from her big bed to the couch and visa versa. She loves to drag her soft teddys into her big soft bed of a night time. When we 1st got her she preferred to sleep in our cats igloo ( our cat was not impressed !)
Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff? Photo-0295-2
Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff? Amtryintosleep-1
She now has a bigger bed which she loves just as much ..
Do you bother with dog beds, for your Staff? Playinblissfully...

Aww - class pics, esp liked the first shot.

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Wed Jul 06 2011, 23:48

jstaff wrote:Suki only has her crate now. We did buy her two fancy beds. One will be used to replace her crate and is cushioned and shapped like a dog house. The other is a large oval shape. We gave her the second one and she thought it was a chew toy. Once we know she won't eat them will give them to her.

Yeah.

There is that risk.

Lash out good money, and it becomes a chew toy!

Should make one out of Kong Rubber.

Smile
Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 08:16

both mine have eaten every bed i have bought lol so i now buy cheap blankets/throws from car boots and charity shops 10p each etc and just throw them away when they get smelly x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 08:18

billy has a bed, he does not go on the settee - his choice and we tried him on the bed one night, well that was enough never again, the snoring was horrendous, kept me awake all night

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 08:45

Milly has 2 beds one in her crate but she kept pulling it out so we bought her another that we take upstairs at night she is on and off it. We are trying to stop her getting on our bed there is room on the kids but me and oh get no sleep when she on ours.

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Thu Jul 07 2011, 10:16

I got one of those oval plastic beds with a furry mattress for Violet, and it has various blankets and cushions in it, depending on what she flings out of it and drags back to it. Her bed is in her crate and she seems pretty happy with her set up - she's in it just now, snoring away.
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 10:41

Dempsey pretty much sleeps where he likes nowadays at night, but he often takes himself off to his crate if he fancies that 'safe' feeling in his den. I started off by buying loads of foam mattresses for his crate, but after he'd chewd up the zillionth one, I gave up. He now has a 'vet bed' fleece at the bottom of the crate. This is topped with an old folded army blanket (german, but I don't think that's important!) and he seems to be happy with that.

Ti Amo Edinburgh wrote:Don't you find crates take up a lot of space?

Mine is in a space where there should have been a dishwasher. As I'm the dishwasher in the house, the space wasn't needed! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Jul 07 2011, 11:06

My girls usually end up in the bed with me and my OH! Sometimes they sleep on the sofa, though they have a massive squidgy bed which is big enough for all of them. They rarely use it, Skibadee likes to hide her ball under it and then trys to rip the bed to get to the ball, this is her favourite game. Meg has her own little bed as she gets too hot on ours!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 11:20

Cairo has a hard plastic bed,but mostly sleeps in her crate,or on the sofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 12:05

Ti Amo Edinburgh wrote:Leather is the way to go, quick wipe down, and you're good.

I agree Laughing

Mine have "livingroom" beds (one leather one fur) ONLY for the evenings when they come in, 1 cage with a beddin in and a basket with blankets in the kitchen and a kennel full of left over beds in the garden.

Zero eats ANY bed given a chance hence the "livingroom only" beds lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 12:59

hhmm Caryll did you say German blanket ????

For heavens sake.. don't mention the war !!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Thu Jul 07 2011, 14:13

lynne wrote:billy has a bed, he does not go on the settee - his choice and we tried him on the bed one night, well that was enough never again, the snoring was horrendous, kept me awake all night

I must admit, I have never been a fan of dogs on(people) beds.

At night, I say goodnight to Ti Amo, I go to my bed, he sleeps on the sofa.

Aside from the snoring thing, I find that after a while, the bed doesn't smell very pleasant, and dog hair on the bed is hardly attractive!

I used to let him on a few times, then one night, while lying on top of my bed (I was in it), he must have got caught short or something, as I was woken up to a warm and wet feeling..... Surprised
Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Ti Amo Edinburgh Thu Jul 07 2011, 14:16

Caryll wrote:Mine is in a space where there should have been a dishwasher. As I'm the dishwasher in the house, the space wasn't needed! Laughing

Ha ha, good stuff!

Ti Amo Edinburgh
Ti Amo Edinburgh

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 15:26

Roxy has a nice cosy bed in the laundry where she sleeps safe 'n sound at night. Door is closed and there's absolutely nothing she can damage. She has her stuffed bunny and flanelette sheet and does'nt make a sound from the moment we put her to bed til the moment we let her out in the morning.
She also has another bed in our main living area, and her trampoline bed and kennel in the back yard. She has made extensive modifications to her kennel Laughing and in the process has started her own match-stick mill rolling on the floor Her most recent work is to change her solid foam cushion into suitable teddy bear stuffing ( it has to be REALLY small you know...to pass standards )

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down