Dry food reccomendations for Barney greatly welcome!

2 posters

Go down

Dry food reccomendations for Barney greatly welcome! Empty Dry food reccomendations for Barney greatly welcome!

Post by Peaceful Mon Mar 23 2015, 14:45

Hi wonderful people,

Hope you all and your gorgeous staffys are well Smile

I feed Barney wainwrights grain free wet food, and the same brand dry food as a mixer, he still has itching problems even though he's on Yumega, YumPro, YuMove, arnica and Rhus Tox drops, and I also put a quarter teaspoon of turmeric in his evening meal, I also use plaque Off powder for his teeth, he's on a painkiller for his sprained legs and piriton for his allergies, the next thing I'm going to cut out is white potato (in the wainwrights salmon and potato grain free) so I'll cut that food out as I was told potato can be an allergen..
I've seen some new dry food I'd like to add to his diet, does anyone have any advice on the following please?
AATU 80/20 Chicken
Pero Grain free Turkey sweet potato and cranberry
Pooch and Mutt Grain free fresh breath complete dog food

I think the pooch and mutt and Pero grain is ok as the ingredients are good but also really want to try AATU BUT am worried about the fruit content, are those ok for my Staffy Barney?
Ingredients in AATU
80% ChickenClick to see what we think about Chicken in dog food (50% Freshly Prepared Deboned ChickenClick to see what we think about Chicken in dog food, 30% Dried ChickenClick to see what we think about Chicken in dog food), Sweet PotatoClick to see what we think about Sweet Potatoes in dog food, Chick PeasClick to see what we think about Peas in dog food, PeasClick to see what we think about Peas in dog food, LucerneClick to see what we think about Alfalfa / Lucerne in dog food, ChickenClick to see what we think about Chicken in dog food StockClick to see what we think about Gravy / Broth / Sauce in dog food, Salmon OilClick to see what we think about Fish Oil in dog food, CarrotsClick to see what we think about Carrots in dog food, TomatoClick to see what we think about Tomatoes in dog food, ChicoryClick to see what we think about Chicory in dog food, TapiocaClick to see what we think about Tapioca in dog food, Apple, Pear, CranberryClick to see what we think about Cranberries in dog food, Blueberry, Mulberry, Orange, Bilberry, Cowberry, Parsley, Peppermint, Spirulina, SeaweedClick to see what we think about Seaweed in dog food, Oregano, Sage, Marjoram, Thyme, Chamomile, Rosehip, Stinging Nettle, YuccaClick to see what we think about Yucca Extract in dog food, Marigold, Aniseed, Fenugreek, Cinnamon, Hip & Joint Care (GlucosamineClick to see what we think about Glucosamine in dog food 350mg/kg, MSMClick to see what we think about MSM in dog food 350mg/kg, ChondroitinClick to see what we think about Chondroitin in dog food 240mg/kg).

Ingredients in pooch and mutt
45% chicken; a low-scent protein source
Parsley; a source of chlorophyll, a natural deodoriser
Peppermint; to aid breath scent
Probiotics & prebiotics; to aid digestion, as bad digestion can be the cause of bad breath
Sweet potato; which is low gi, high in digestion-aiding fibre and a source of b-vitamins
Citrus extract; known to reduce plaque build up. all in a crunchy kibble; to help keep teeth clean.

Pero grain free
Composition: Turkey 40%(Fresh Turkey 16%, Turkey Meal 24%), Sweet Potato 43% Peas, Pure Chicken Oil, Alfalfa, Minerals, Chicken Digest, Yeasts, Linseed, Salmon Oil, Cranberries (0.4%), Prebiotic MOS, Prebiotic FOS, Yucca Extract, Glucosamine, Chondroitin.

All advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated and accepted Smile
Thank you in advance!
Barney and Barneys mum Smile

Peaceful
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Barney
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Dry food reccomendations for Barney greatly welcome! Empty Re: Dry food reccomendations for Barney greatly welcome!

Post by JStaff Mon Mar 23 2015, 21:24

Suki had allergies as a pup and we went to a dermatologist to find out exactly what she was allergic too. We ended up having to feed her mostly on buffalo meat and sweet potatos. As she got older she outgrew most of her allergies and is now fed RAW and has no more issues.
JStaff
JStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down

Dry food reccomendations for Barney greatly welcome! Empty Re: Dry food reccomendations for Barney greatly welcome!

Post by Peaceful Mon Mar 23 2015, 21:51

Thank you for replying Smile
How old was Suki when she out grew her allergies? Barney is going to be 21 months

Peaceful

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JStaff Tue Mar 24 2015, 03:48

I believe she was about 2 years old. The dermatologist told us that as they age their sensitivity to foods will change. If I can find an old post I will provide a link for you.
JStaff
JStaff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JStaff Tue Mar 24 2015, 03:53

Here is the link abit old but may still be of use to you. We feed her RAW now and primarily horse meat and she has been allergy free for at least two years.

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t7612-suki-is-allergic-to?highlight=suki
JStaff
JStaff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful Tue Mar 24 2015, 04:10

Thank you very much indeed

Peaceful

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down