9 month old in pain

2 posters

Go down

9 month old in pain Empty 9 month old in pain

Post by ruth123 Sun Mar 01 2015, 10:02

Hi everyone
Can anyone please help us, we are so worried. We have a 9 month old boisterous blue girl, around a week ago she began making a yelp noise out of the blue (approx once per day) and appeared to be struggling to jump. Initially we wasn't that worried, but she would yelp if we picked her up. So one day when I walked in she seemed to struggle to get out of her bed and was yelping again, so off to the vets we went. Diet, poking, weeing all ok, no real change in her mood either. Vet prodded and poked her and she yelped once when they touched her back and stomach, so they took her off and gave her two pain relief injections. We came home around an hour after the injections, she was lying there, shaking and screaming out loud, I was so upset I decided to take her to the emergency vets, they kept her in overnight as she was so distressed. Xrays have been taken (abdomen and back) and have come back clear. They sent her home with tramadol, anti-biotics and some lactulose. Vets say they can't give a diagnosis, they have suggested constipation, or a nerve problem. They say it appears she has a very small blockage in her small intestine that looks like poo but again they can't be sure. They would like to see her Monday and take it from there. This has so far cost us £540, I don't care about the money and would pay a million if I had it, but Shea home now and seems more upset by being at the vets than she was before. She is crying on and off but eating, drinking, crying for walks etc...all is back to normal apart from the odd yelp when she jumps (rarely). Has anyone had this problem...we so want to help her, we have checked paws etc and all seems fine. We just don't understand the yelping??? Thanks. Ruth

ruth123
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

9 month old in pain Empty Re: 9 month old in pain

Post by JStaff Sun Mar 01 2015, 10:22

We had something similar when Suki hurt her back. We had to carry her to the vet and she was hardly moving without giving a yelp. She got some pain injections and was okay after that. I can't give any other advice except keep doing as you are and I hope it works out
JStaff
JStaff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 859

Back to top Go down