Sleeping is getting better - am I doing all I can?

5 posters

Go down

Sleeping is getting better - am I doing all I can? Empty Sleeping is getting better - am I doing all I can?

Post by Skimsa Tue Jun 14 2011, 14:57

Kayla is fantastic!!!
She wee's on paper 50/75% of the time.
She's great with people
She's so calm and laid back
She does this cute like hop when she plays fetch.

The only issue is when we leave her alone. I am building up the ammount of time we leave her so she learns. At night she has been quiet till 4am last night she managed till 530.

She has a teddy, blanket that smells like Mom, blanket that smells like me and hot water bottle in her crate. The TV is left on. I will be covering the crate with a blanket as of tomorrow.

I know i'm asking for a lot so soon its just i want her to settle asap for her, my sleep pattern and the neighbours.
Skimsa
Skimsa
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Kayla
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Sleeping is getting better - am I doing all I can? Empty Re: Sleeping is getting better - am I doing all I can?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14 2011, 15:04

we were worried about our neighbours when billy was crying, she will settle down, it seems that you are doing all that you can, we left billy from about 11pm to 6am, it looks like she is improving, so wont ne long now

Smile

Back to top Go down

Sleeping is getting better - am I doing all I can? Empty Re: Sleeping is getting better - am I doing all I can?

Post by janey Tue Jun 14 2011, 15:16

Aww bless you sound to be doing everything, I know people have recommended plug ins on here, but I think she will settle very soon, just takes time, and your sleep being interupted is a small price to pay for the years of love you'll get in return Big Grin
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14 2011, 15:20

She's still young, and as you said...she is getting better. Some pups take a little longer than others to settle and adjust.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skimsa Tue Jun 14 2011, 15:22

Yeah in all honesty im not too worried but im just aware that other may not be so understanding. Admittedly they have said anything.

When she does wake up at 4/530 I wait for her to settle down again (usually 30/45 mins) then bring her basket into my room for an extra hour or twos sleep.

It does seem to work I just wanted to check.

Im so excited for when I can take her out and properly get into training.
Skimsa
Skimsa

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jun 14 2011, 15:39

Jist don't forget the camera Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14 2011, 15:46

sounds like she is doing really well.. can't wait to see lots of photos of her !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Skimsa Thu Jun 16 2011, 09:00

We've had a bit of a shift around and it seems to be working.

Last night at 11 i started ignoring Kayla and taking her back to bed everytime she got up. After 5/6 times she stayed on her bed so I locked the crate on her.

Then as I was leaving for bed she started barking again SO!!!

I moved the crate into the hallway between my bed room and the living room. That way she could see the living room and me in bed - it worked she slept right through till 5.

I think im going to continue with this slowly creeping her back into the living room, i realised as long as she knows im still there shes quiet.
Skimsa
Skimsa

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16 2011, 09:09

kayla is a little star

star

Back to top Go down

Post by Skimsa Thu Jun 16 2011, 10:17

lynne wrote:kayla is a little star

star

She is really, such a heart breaker
Skimsa
Skimsa

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerisle Thu Jun 16 2011, 11:23

I'm in the exact same boat as you mate with little Jimi right now. He's slowly getting there. Gorgeous pup you got there : )
Summerisle
Summerisle
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jimi
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Skimsa Thu Jun 16 2011, 12:32

Summerisle wrote:I'm in the exact same boat as you mate with little Jimi right now. He's slowly getting there. Gorgeous pup you got there : )

Thanks she is a stunner - im not worried about the time just need the noise to stop.

Good luck with your pup, get loads of pictures up too Big Grin
Skimsa
Skimsa

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16 2011, 14:48

Skye is 12wks old and she will start to cry at about 4 but i ignore her and she drifts back off withinabut 20mins and then she'll wake up at about 7-8 .. its gotten loads better it used to be 2am, 4am, 6am, 8am GIVE UP! lmao. ever since i covered her crate over she sleeps longer Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevali Thu Jun 16 2011, 16:36

lynne wrote:we were worried about our neighbours when billy was crying, she will settle down, it seems that you are doing all that you can, we left billy from about 11pm to 6am, it looks like she is improving, so wont ne long now

Smile

We was lucky with Archie as next door house is empty and on the market. Only really two nights he cried and then he started settling in.
Stevali
Stevali

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Archie
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16 2011, 16:37

good girl Kayla!! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Skimsa Fri Jun 17 2011, 23:09

Break through last night people!!!!

I left the living room door open and my bedroom door open so she could hear me - she slept right through till 730 what a treat.

She's also booked in for her 2nd jab on friday so she will be mobile soon
Skimsa
Skimsa

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Jun 17 2011, 23:15

Skimsa wrote:Break through last night people!!!!

I left the living room door open and my bedroom door open so she could hear me - she slept right through till 730 what a treat.

Once you've got her walking there will be a huge difference. You can get a proper routine going. Good Girly star and well done you
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Skimsa Sat Jun 18 2011, 13:36

janey wrote:
Skimsa wrote:Break through last night people!!!!

Once you've got her walking there will be a huge difference. You can get a proper routine going. Good Girly star and well done you
I think she will love it, shes going on paper really well so think she will be fine.

Another full night last night TREAT!!!!
Skimsa
Skimsa

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18 2011, 13:42

Skimsa wrote:Another full night last night TREAT!!!!

Awww. fantastic thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by axlbaby Sun Jun 19 2011, 10:17

i know how u feel axl 1st night in crate was terrible poor baby was screaming so much i gave in and brought him into my room but now 3 days on his much better put in to bed at 10 last night and was slept till 1 so i got up took him out 4 a wee and he then slept till 5:30 then i took him out and then he slept till i got up at 7 Smile i dont mind me losing sleep its the neighbours i dont want complaing but they make there fair share of noise nail biting so fingers crossed. so good luck and shes soo cute
axlbaby
axlbaby

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : axl and skyla
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months ish and 3
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down