refusing to eat

4 posters

Go down

refusing to eat Empty refusing to eat

Post by janfrost489 Sun Jul 06 2014, 09:55

Hi All,

Sasha is being a right pickle at the moment and has been really fussy with her food over the last couple of weeks. I have mixed in everything you could ever think of to dntice her to eat. The othet half raised his voice at her on Thursday as she charged at me at full pelt and knocked me over and hurt my knee. When she jumps now you really feel it she weighs 20kgs now shes not a baby, she was really doing well with the jumping up but oh boy has she gone backwards. Well the up shot is that since she has refused to eat its been nearly 48 hours now. I put it down and then 10 minutes take it up etc do I give in and give her wet food to get her to eat or do I stick it out and hope that she will eat her dry food that she was more than happy to eat before. At this very moment she is refusing to come out of her crate and giving me the back treatment xx
janfrost489
janfrost489
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 06/05/2013
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

refusing to eat Empty Re: refusing to eat

Post by stella Sun Jul 06 2014, 17:03

is she ok in herself,drinking and going toilet?if not pop her to your vets,if she is ok keep to her normal feeding times,she wonnt stave herself,what have you tried mixing in with her food?
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 06 2014, 17:07

What is she fed on? Have you tried some yummy toppings like pilchards/coconut oil/tuna/scrambled eggs etc?

Back to top Go down

Post by janfrost489 Sun Jul 06 2014, 17:31

Hi ive tried sardines, wet dog food, chicken, egg, doggy gravy, mince, salmon, fish oil, banana, scrabled egg over thd last couple of weeks she eats the bare minimum to keep her going, shes ok, drinking lots and bounding around like a loonie as usual. I thought it was the heat to begin with even tried taking her down to 1 meal a day but nothing doing. Since Friday when she was told off she has refused everything put down, ears flat on her head tail down and those sad eyes. I was so worried about her this morning I had to hand feed her and basicly beg her to eat which she did eat some softened dry food with sardines mixed in. She hasnt got tooth ache or sore throat because she is out in the garden chewing on my gazebo and twigs. It seems everytime she is told off x
janfrost489
janfrost489

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cait Mon Jul 07 2014, 10:52

I must admit I would get the vet to do a check up, sometimes dogs who chew sticks and lumps of furniture and garden features can get splinters stuck in their throats. Does not seem to stop them chewing like mad but can easily put them off their grub.

It could be the summer warmth, might be a virus, it could be you have a fussy dog who like a toddler goes off whatever you just bought in bulk to feed them but if this odd for your dog and just in case it might be the former do the vet check.

Hopefully she is just being a little sulky and will be found helping herself to food soon.
Cait
Cait
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pink
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Support total : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by janfrost489 Mon Jul 07 2014, 12:06

Hi she ate 2 meals yesterday with a lot of praise encouragement, then I put her breakfast down this morning and she sniffed it and walked off. She has an appointment with the vet on Wednesday for her yearly check up anyway so will mrntion it then xx
janfrost489
janfrost489

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rico24 Mon Jul 07 2014, 12:48

Hey.
I know how ur feeling mine is 15 months going on 6months!!!!! Dont know whats happened but shes going backwards training wise.

Hope vet goes well on wed! My wee diva is a nightmare for eating but now shes eating naturediet trays. She went off the raw diet and wont eat raw bones....defo not a normal dog haha!
rico24
rico24
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
refusing to eat Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by janfrost489 Mon Jul 07 2014, 13:46

Hi Rico24, Sasha is the same age, im dumbfounded as to what was wrong with her food this morning was exactly the same as yesterday. Ive done everything that I can physically do to get her to eat apart from spoon feed her. She's more demanding than my kids are its like shes running the house not us very frustrating xx
janfrost489
janfrost489

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rico24 Mon Jul 07 2014, 14:47

Aww i know. The amount of food weve wasted with her general fussy-ness could have bought me a second dog! She started on dry and was on different ones, then had to put wet through it, then changed her to raw and it was amazing for her and she scoffed it......for 2 months then wouldnt even look at it one day! Now eating nature diet most of the time but sometimes iv gotta make a fuss n stand next to her.
And the behaviour just now is like a wee puppy again argghh hard work
rico24
rico24
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
refusing to eat Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by janfrost489 Mon Jul 07 2014, 21:52

lol I know that feeling im having to stand beside her patting her while saying 'good girl' seriously, im running out of decent wet food to mix in have tried wainwrites, naturia, natures own, premium ceasur etc the only stuff I haven't tried is pedigree. Not sure what to do with her xx
janfrost489
janfrost489

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down