*UPDATE!* Staffordshire Bull Terrier lovers! WE NEED YOU!

+8
djstratton
yeahbut
shegsy
Rachel33
-Ian-
Jenc
Highlands-Brody
flowerbud
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

*UPDATE!* Staffordshire Bull Terrier lovers! WE NEED YOU!  - Page 2 Empty *UPDATE!* Staffordshire Bull Terrier lovers! WE NEED YOU!

Post by Rachel33 Sat May 24 2014, 00:24

First topic message reminder :

WE MADE IT!! You guys are just so generous and kind.. £100 target has been reached.. though if you would like to continue donating of course it would be greatly appreciated - just leave a comment on the end of this page with the amount donated and I will ensure that it is passed on to the charity.

Here is also a video from DDB-R&R
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7PkFjHAaEs

Over the past few years I have volunteered my time to a small not for profit organisation called Devon Dog Behaviour - Rehab & Rehome. (http://www.devondogbehaviour.co.uk/about-ruth-owen.html) Their Rehab & Rehome section can be found on facebook, for anybody interested! The owner of this organisation is Ruth Owen, who has single handedly done more for our beloved breed than anybody I have ever met. She works tirelessly day in, day out to help dogs - especially bull breeds - that need a second chance in life. Most of this is voluntary work and she has given up space in her home as well as on her land to help these dogs. As far as I'm aware, she currently has 5 staffordshire bull terriers in for rehabilitation, as well as various other dogs including various crossbreeds, an american bull dog and two english bull terriers. They all live in stables or in her own home at present. Her comment on the kennels stands as;

"We have been asked for a photo of the kennels we are needing to replace. here it is, was never designed as a kennel, but as each emergency dog appeared I built a new kennel for the stalls in the stable until we had five. The first emergency was Cushdie an English Bull Terrier closely followed by Fluke a Collie. We now have five kennels which are spacious but hard to clean, without dedicated runs and a little the worse for wear! We need to carry out some rather necessary refurbishment work on the kennels and buildings where the dogs are housed. This is going to be essential before too long. Like most charities, money coming in goes on the day to day care/feeding/veterinary bills for the dogs and there often isn't enough to cover this, let alone any left over to maintain buildings etc."

*UPDATE!* Staffordshire Bull Terrier lovers! WE NEED YOU!  - Page 2 10154571_458825864220809_1125565752874779506_n_zpsc6bc418e

My mission is to encourage 20 staffie lovers to donate a fiver to DDBR&R (or more if you're feeling generous!) to help towards the kennel fund before winter comes again. This is a lady that never turns a dog away, and has the patience of a saint. I've have personally witnessed her work wonders with dogs and she promotes our breed everywhere she goes.

If you would like to donate to a very worthy cause, please follow the directions below;

The details for donations via bank transfer is:
The Cooperative Bank
Sort Code: 089299
Account No: 65682256
Please reference Kennel Build and your name. Thank you

Thank you all SO much!!

UPDATE: Hey guys! Tried everything, but paypal links aren't working! Have cleared up the thread and added their bank details instead, so any donations can be provided by bank transfer Smile

Last edited by Rachel33 on Tue Jun 10 2014, 16:19; edited 3 times in total
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE!* Staffordshire Bull Terrier lovers! WE NEED YOU!  - Page 2 Empty Re: *UPDATE!* Staffordshire Bull Terrier lovers! WE NEED YOU!

Post by Rachel33 Tue Jun 10 2014, 16:00

THANK YOU  dance dance Amazing! We're up to £600 raised now altogether Smile Smile

Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE!* Staffordshire Bull Terrier lovers! WE NEED YOU!  - Page 2 Empty Re: *UPDATE!* Staffordshire Bull Terrier lovers! WE NEED YOU!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 10 2014, 18:17

Fab Rach so pleased  dance dance Mines done too xx

Back to top Go down

Post by flowerbud Tue Jun 10 2014, 19:45

Yay!  applause dance dance 
flowerbud
flowerbud
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Alfie
Dog(s) Ages : 2yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 738

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara n Ozzy Tue Jun 10 2014, 23:26

Wow that's wow wow lots of great new facilities for Ruth. I hope you can send us the outcome once built it would b grwT to see and also the happy doggies too
Sara n Ozzy
Sara n Ozzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ozzy
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by djstratton Wed Jun 11 2014, 00:05

Fantastic news  dance dance 
djstratton
djstratton

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marquez
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2