Lumps on my staffordshire bull terrier

+2
Lisa & Kuta
ariesxp
6 posters

Go down

Lumps on my staffordshire bull terrier Empty Lumps on my staffordshire bull terrier

Post by ariesxp Wed May 25 2011, 06:46

Hi everyone just was wondering if anyone has come accross this problem my 2 year old staffy has started to come out with bumps all over his body they dont itch him or bother him in anyway they, he up to date with all his jabs,flea treatments,worm treatments etc. He will be going to vets soon i am just trying to break down what this could be. Any good advice welcome.

ariesxp
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Lumps on my staffordshire bull terrier Empty Re: Lumps on my staffordshire bull terrier

Post by Lisa & Kuta Wed May 25 2011, 07:04

How big are the lumps? Is it possible that he may have an alergic reaction to something, or maybe has been bitten by something?
If he is not scratching them though this is pobably not the cause.
If they are large, they may be the start of small growths. Definately worth a trip to the vets to check out just in case, good luck.
Lisa & Kuta
Lisa & Kuta
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kuta & Brutus
Dog Gender(s) : both Males

Back to top Go down

Lumps on my staffordshire bull terrier Empty Re: Lumps on my staffordshire bull terrier

Post by Nosipho Wed May 25 2011, 10:25

Do they look like hives? Only asking because one of my dogs sometimes breaks out in these and it shows up as lumps over her body and head. My girl has quite bad allergies and these hives can flare up with a bite or exposure to certain pollens. I control her allergies with a homeopathic remedy meant to be for humans, but I swear it works! 'NewEra' tablets from holland and barretts, I give her 3 in the morning and evening and if she gets a bad allergic reaction to something a teaspoon of liquid piriton.

Its worth asking your vet though as it may be soemthing else. good luck
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by citybeatx Wed May 25 2011, 11:16

Best thing you can do is take your staffy to the vet just to be on the safe side.
citybeatx
citybeatx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Lumps on my staffordshire bull terrier Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy & JRT Mylo.
Dog Gender(s) : Female/Male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 16:01

Staffys often get lumps and bumps as they get older.. Jethro has had an operation to cut quite a few out, including a fatty cyst under his front leg.. but your dog is too young to get these already. I would definitely go to the vets for peace of mind... and please let us know what happens!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 16:09

citybeatx wrote:Best thing you can do is take your staffy to the vet just to be on the safe side.

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 16:21

this happened to woody a few weeks ago and as said above it was an allergic reaction to something - we dont know what as it hasnt happened again. it could be a sting/nettles or a type of food. he had a steroid injection and they went rapid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 19:09

My boy had little bumps on his chest .. we found out its him lying in the nettles in the garden!!! not the sharpest tool in the box! lol ..

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Wed May 25 2011, 21:48

staffy-lover89 wrote:My boy had little bumps on his chest .. we found out its him lying in the nettles in the garden!!! not the sharpest tool in the box! lol ..

Laughing they aint are they
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Wed May 25 2011, 21:51

last summer my bitch brke out in hives after a walk in the woods , looked like shed been stung by 1000 wasps , had to get her antihistamine injection at vets , look up URTOCARIA might be helpfull to you
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ariesxp Fri May 27 2011, 08:21

Well thank you guys for the advise. We changed his food last night and this morning his hives/spots had gone so fingers crossed. His chicken buscuits were changed about six weeks ago it looks like it has built up over that time then BANG out it came. So just has a sign he was licking one of his paws for about a week i think i will log this down for future reference anyway thank you all again.

ariesxp

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down