Ear infections

Go down

Ear infections Empty Ear infections

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 10:18

I am at my witts end with Kaos's ear infections! Apparently he has tiny ear canals and thats what causing them.....in the last 3 months he has had 4 infections costing me £58 each time! Ty has been licking his ear again this morning and one is bright red again and raw. Has anyone got any ideas on treatment without going to the vet again or a preventitive? Any help would be greatly appreaciated........Carly x

Back to top Go down

Ear infections Empty Re: Ear infections

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 10:39

Oh, Carly, what a shame, poor boy! The only thing I can sugest is cleaning the ear daily with either boiled water or warm olive oil and a cotton bud.

If it's a recurrent thing, can you buy the treatment online? Sometimes you can get medication online much cheaper than at the vets & without the consultation fee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 10:43

I think i will have a look online the drops he has is called easotic so if anyone can help me find a link somewhere that would be cool. Also does anyone have any ideas/tips on administaring them, its a nightmare at the moment and so distressing for everyone. Hes so scared and now wont let me touch his ears at all, even when he hasnt got an infection..... Sad x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 10:50

Here's one..............

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/pet-meds-prescription-only-easotic-c-21_734/easotic-10ml-ear-drop-suspension-for-dogs-p-3459

But you'll need a prescription unfortunately. It could be that your vet will give one over the phone seeing as you've had an ongoing problem. The vet will charge for the prescription, but it'll still be cheaper I would think than a visit.

I'd put them in his ear when he's tired. Have someone hold him while you make a fuss of his head & ear area. Then stop. Go back & do it again 2 or 3 times, then try putting the meds in his ear.

In future, I'd try to get him used to you fiddling with his ears every day so that it won't be such a shock to him, poor lad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 10:53

Thanks caryll your a star ill phone vets now! x

Back to top Go down

Post by staffygalkezXX Tue May 31 2011, 10:56

blayde suffers with quite a few ear infections 2! the last time that i took him the vets he told me id have2 pay over £100 bcuz he'd need 2go under anastetic, he sed his ear hada fungal infection all the way down & it needed 2b flushd out. anyway i askd if anythin else would work n he told me 2try "Aurizon" ear drops, it cleard up well, its defo the best thing iv used compared wiv other drops. the vet wantd me 2take him bak 2weeks later for a check up n cost us anuva £30! but i didnt need2. oh and anuva thing that i found helpd blayde was massagin his infected ear wen i saw him scratchin it Smile
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : blayde
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 10:57

You still need a prescription, unfortunately!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 10:59

Just phoned the vet and the nurse said she will ask the vet to do a reapeat prescribtion for kaos (hopefully he will without seeing him). The prescribtion charge is £10 and added to the cost of the easotic online will come to £20 something but the nurse said they will sell it to me direct at £16 so thats good!! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 11:00

That's a bit better than £58!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down