+5
Steve
burties35
niff
penporlex
angie544
9 posters

Go down

hello..everyone,please could someone advise me  Empty hello..everyone,please could someone advise me

Post by angie544 Mon May 23 2011, 10:41

hello everyone i have just joined this website and wondered if someone could give me some advise...i took in a girl staff last yr as she was being mistreated by former owners,she was only 12 weeks wen we got her she is now 14 months old and she is a diamond...we did have problems with her been very nppy wen we got her but she is now out of this and kids love her to bit...we wanted to get another staff and i have put my name to another girl which i pick up in three weeks time...but i have been told by a few people that getting another girl wouldnt be a good idea as they will fight all the time " is this true"???

angie544
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : summer
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

hello..everyone,please could someone advise me  Empty Re: hello..everyone,please could someone advise me

Post by Guest Mon May 23 2011, 10:51

I's always recommend having one of each, as two of the same sex may fight. However, plenty of people have two bitches or two dogs & they get on fine!

A lot depends on how you introduce them and how they are trained to tolerate each other. You may find you have problems when one of them comes in to season (if they're not spayed) as the hormones rage, and you'll have to watch out for this.

I would never leave two dogs alone together, whether they are the same sex or not, but again, many people do.

Back to top Go down

hello..everyone,please could someone advise me  Empty Re: hello..everyone,please could someone advise me

Post by penporlex Mon May 23 2011, 11:34

i have 2 bitches and touch wood have never had a problem, but i would advise a dog if u dont already have one, my bitches wont accept anything into the house unless it is a tiny pup, just be careful x

penporlex

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : porsha,penny,lex
Dog Gender(s) : male,female,female

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Mon May 23 2011, 11:56

i know people that have same sex staffys that get on fine ,, but my mate also has two girls ( sisters) that do fights sometimes , out the blue and they do wound eachother ,, also my dad got his bitch from a friend who had to re-home her to my dad as roxy and his other bitch began fighting at every oppertunity when blaize became mature . id say its pot luck.
niff
niff
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by burties35 Mon May 23 2011, 13:17

Hello and welcome. wave
Ditto what the others have said. Good luck.
burties35
burties35
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
hello..everyone,please could someone advise me  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bodhi
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23 2011, 13:44

Hi & hello..everyone,please could someone advise me  Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

hello..everyone,please could someone advise me  Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
hello..everyone,please could someone advise me  Icon_arrow Here are a list of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
hello..everyone,please could someone advise me  Icon_arrow You can ask for help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
hello..everyone,please could someone advise me  Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
hello..everyone,please could someone advise me  Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon May 23 2011, 13:55

Hi & welcome to the forum Smile

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by staffygalkezXX Mon May 23 2011, 16:22

hi angie544 -hello everyone i have just joined this website and wondered if someone could give me some advice...
my friend had 2 staffy bitches for years and they never fought... until recently... one of them had 2b put down bcuz she was tha badly injured. but all dogs are different and as long as theyr interduced properly n neva left alone i shud imagine theyl b ok. good luck Smile
staffygalkezXX
staffygalkezXX
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : blayde
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 23 2011, 21:32

As you say, they're all different. My dog's dad comes from a top breeding kennel in Kent. The lady has between 5 & 10 EBTs at any one time, plus occasionally pups. They all live in the house!

That means that there will be at least 3 or more bitches all living together, and she manages to control any potential problems (how she does it I've no idea - I have enough trouble with just the one!).

But a friend a few years back had two bitches & a dog. They had just about all grown up together & although she used to seperate the boy from the girls when she went out, she left the girls together & they were always ok. One day she'd been shopping & came back to a bloodbath. She's no idea what caused it, but both bitches were virtually comatose & covered in blood.

I'm not trying to frighten you or put you off - just trying to make you aware that it may not be easy & you'll have to watch them carefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed May 25 2011, 00:08

Ive been around staffords for a long time and I also study and work in mental health physcology in humans!!!!!
I know loads of people who have multi dog houses but I personally would never have more than 2 and opposite sexes I dont want to risk conflict and am confident of the 2 I have Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 07:39

Hi & welcome to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed May 25 2011, 09:36

Hi and welcome Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by billysgirl Wed May 25 2011, 14:01

Hiya and welcome to the forum wave

billysgirl

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25 2011, 15:49

Hi and welcome. Yeah I would be really careful about leaving them alone together.. even though Jethro my old boy gets on well with our pup I would never leave them alone together... you just never know !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down