Feeling Nervous.....But Excited At The Same Time.......

5 posters

Go down

Feeling Nervous.....But Excited At The Same Time....... Empty Feeling Nervous.....But Excited At The Same Time.......

Post by lauren19 Sun May 15 2011, 21:17

Got a phone call today from the guy at the scottish staffie rescue - they have got a 7 wk old female puppy that has been handed in after she was spotted being mistreated in the street. We are arranging a time for home check tomorrow and she could be with us in the next few days!
Although I am very happy about the prospect of getting the puppy I am scared that the mistreatment (apparently she was being kicked by a man) may have led to health problems and am very wary of taking on a dog like this as I got a puppy last year and she started having fits, became aggresive and couldnt control her bladder - the vet thought it may have been down to inbreeding and I didnt have the time to look after her properly (with 3 kids 7yrs and under) or the money to pay for the vets bills so I had to give her away to a woman who was recommended to me by the vet. This was very hard for my children and me and couldnt put us through that again....
lauren19
lauren19
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rhia
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Feeling Nervous.....But Excited At The Same Time....... Empty Re: Feeling Nervous.....But Excited At The Same Time.......

Post by Guest Sun May 15 2011, 21:23

I'm sure the pup will have health and temperament checks before its re-homed good luck with it all

Back to top Go down

Feeling Nervous.....But Excited At The Same Time....... Empty Re: Feeling Nervous.....But Excited At The Same Time.......

Post by shane dee Sun May 15 2011, 21:30

mistreated and kicked by a man at 7 weeks old, what a disgrace. i think the puppy will be a little bit nervous when she comes to you but after she has gained your trust and love i think she will soon forget her terrible past, well done and good luck with the new edition.
shane dee
shane dee
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : jasper
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15 2011, 23:06

I'm sure that the pup will be checked by the rescue kennels before she is rehomed. She may well be a little nervous for a short while, but with gentleness, love & consistent training she'll be fine. You'd be surprised at what a pup can get over with a good family to help it!

Back to top Go down

Post by shane dee Sun May 15 2011, 23:30

as i said plenty of love and the trust will come later
shane dee
shane dee
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : jasper
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 03:38

yeah, I would imagine they would have to give her through check overs before rehoming her. As for a grown man ( SCUM !! ) kicking a little defenseless puppy....pick on someone your own size!! Hope someone does the same to him one day! Will be following your story.. good luck !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 05:22

I agree, she may be timid to start with after her mistreatment but given all the love and care you can offer her should begin to trust quite quickly as she is still so young. As for any health issues, i'm sure the rescue/re-homing centre will thouroughly check her over before placing her with you.

Best of luck....and keep us posted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 16 2011, 08:19

good luck and let us know how you get on

Back to top Go down

Post by burties35 Mon May 16 2011, 09:59

I'm sure the rescue wont re home her unless they are sure she is healthy and at 7 weeks she may be nervous to begin with but you have plenty of time to show her the love she deserves after such a horrendous start. She will be fine.
As for the bloke words fail me what a Mr Tough Guy!! stomp
burties35
burties35
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Feeling Nervous.....But Excited At The Same Time....... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bodhi
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon May 16 2011, 23:25

Oh got my fingers crossed that everything will go well for you Big Grin
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue May 17 2011, 16:04

gem wrote:Oh got my fingers crossed that everything will go well for you Big Grin

Agree, the pups so young it will easily mould to a new family life Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down