feeling really nervous.

4 posters

Go down

feeling really nervous. Empty feeling really nervous.

Post by stella Fri Nov 16 2012, 16:51

me and oh have had this week off work which was such a good thing after the attack on sash,we have both been home to keep an eye on her,she's been so clingy,not letting either one of us out her sight,which i guess is quiet normal after some thing like this happens?we've both took her out together on walks which she's been fine,even had two small dogs bark at her and she did'nt even make eye contact with them(she was on lead),i'm just feeling nervous about next week when my husband goes back to work and it's just her and me out on our own,we always go up the field where the attack happened first thing in the morning so she can have a good run.we have been back up there to day and she was fine,just stayed near to us.i know if im nervous then she'll pick up on it so i've got to stop feeling like it,any advise would be really helpful.
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

feeling really nervous. Empty Re: feeling really nervous.

Post by Kathy Fri Nov 16 2012, 18:59

Would you be able to use a long lead for a few walks with her to get her confidence back. That way you can reel her in if need be.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Nov 16 2012, 19:04

>Big Grin< >Big Grin< >Big Grin<

You'll be ok, as Kathy suggested, maybe try a flexi lead until both of you have got your confidence back Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by bainzy1591 Fri Nov 16 2012, 19:35

yea long lead would work or try to keep her attention on you and just reassure her all the time my old dog was like that when i first got him (had a bad past) i'm sure she will be fine and yous both will get your confidence back very soon, the main thing is shes back out walking around and i dogs barked at her and she didnt seem to fussed about it she's probs on road to being her usual self again Big Grin hope everything goes well
bainzy1591
bainzy1591
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : chaos
Dog(s) Ages : 19weeks
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16 2012, 19:45

I would try to act as you did before the attack. Try to get back on track as fast as possible. Use a flexi lead for a day or two but don't reel her in when you see another dog (if she was okay with them before) so that you can see her reaction. She might be over it already but your nerves is making her nervous. The sooner you are back to normal the faster it will all "go away" so to speak. We tend to over react about our dogs emotions, we are probably more afraid/struggling to get over something than them, as in a pack dogs would probably get bitten quite regularly, and they can't afford to become a wreck after it or risk more injury.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down