Really nervous!

4 posters

Go down

Really nervous! Empty Really nervous!

Post by Kimb&MooMan Sat Feb 09 2013, 10:55

Hi all, Im not sure if this is in the right section as i was going to put it in training but wasnt sure hehe,
Anyway me and my partner ( Richard ) have decided to not go ahead with the training today and ill explain why now..

I'd explained to the trainer about Max's aggression so she suggested we come to the class BUT stand in the corner and let Max watch the dogs from a distance.. now I dont really mind that how ever, I said to her well Max really needs to socialize and plus with dogs hes not TOO bad with, its humans.
She then said to me * well maybe you need to find someone who specializes with aggressive dogs *
ummmmmm my mum found this lady for me as apparently she deals with aggression...

Anywaaaaay,

I looked up other trainers and found one hes called Nigel, he trains police dogs, he's also a police man and has 10 years left in the service, but also has doggy classes and does one on one training,
I called him up and to be honest i instantly wanted to use him but waited for hubby to get back so we could talk about it

I got Nigel to call my hubby and explain all the details to him, and i have to be honest ive not seen hubbys face lit up in a long time hehe!
We booked him up for one on one with maxi moo for the 18th of this month!
but the whole point of this post is not only am i excited BUT im stupidly nervous!!
i dont even know why?!
we've told him everything about max, about the past and present, how ive trained him etc etc..
I guess its all new to me but mainly i think its because im so looking forward to having my normal maxi moo shines back to how he use to be!

But after the one on one, were going to join his classes just mainly to socialize and have a good time ( and me also hehe ) Im soooo looking forward to it!! is it wrong to be this excited?? lol

ive got a lot of plans for max once hes put his aggression behind him ( hopefully he will )
anyway im sorry for the massive novel again lol! ive got a habit of doing that!
Kimb&MooMan
Kimb&MooMan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Really nervous! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Little man
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Really nervous! Empty Re: Really nervous!

Post by rebeccaleanne Sat Feb 09 2013, 11:23

love the novel!!! don't be silly, id be over the moon! you see a small light at the end of the tunnel and someone who is willing to help with out putting you in the corner!

even if it just helps a little its progress!! iv just been over the moon with my recall with tyke!

i see it as you child learning something, when you learn your kids right from wrong you feel a sense of achievement well same goes with our furry kids!!

keep us updated and i hope all goes fab and you all get on Big Grin
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimb&MooMan Sat Feb 09 2013, 11:31

Thank you! and youre completely right, max is our child and we just want the best for him, it is a really good feeling when you acheive something! i always get really happy when i taught max all the things that he knows, i always call my mum with * guess what mum! Max knows how to stand etc * im wondering if shes getting a bit fed up now lol! But max does love to please!
And congrats on the recall! Big Grin
Kimb&MooMan
Kimb&MooMan
Really nervous! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09 2013, 11:35

I think sometimes you need the help of an experienced trainer, and if it helps him even a littlle bit, why not give it a go? I think everything that we look forward to make us nervous too, so don't worry about it Smile really hope it goes well for you all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimb&MooMan Sat Feb 09 2013, 11:41

thank you! i hope so too!
Its just the thought of Max greeting people in a nice way and people being able to pet him and love him like we do is really giving me hope and a lot of excitement, maybe iv got too much hope but id rather than have none to be honest, and i shall definatly let you guys know Big Grin
Kimb&MooMan
Kimb&MooMan
Really nervous! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Feb 09 2013, 12:26

I'm sure the guy knows what he is doing so try not to worry about the training sessions, he will have seen it all before I'm sure.

Good luck you will all be fine. Please keep us up dated on the progress.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Sat Feb 09 2013, 12:34

I know exactly how you feel as I have a one to one booked for me and Harry tomorrow and I can't believe how nervous I am about it! Like you I'm also hoping that the trainers will be able to fix our DA problem but they have told me that they will be able to tell after about 3 visits whether it is going to work or not.

I have a lot of mixed feelings, nerves, excitement, embarassment, guilt and most of all doubt!

Will let you know how I get on.

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimb&MooMan Sat Feb 09 2013, 13:55

Good luck!!
Im trying not to doubt because i KNOW max eventually gets on with people, so its not like he never ever gets on with people, but its just really hard, our trainer only comes once and gives us a programme at the end of the session of things to do and the payment covers life time help, and yeah please let me know Big Grin
Kimb&MooMan
Kimb&MooMan
Really nervous! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09 2013, 16:09

good luck Smile whether it works or not (and I really hope it does then you can't find out without taking part

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down