Bones

Go down

Bones Empty Bones

Post by atlime Sat May 14 2011, 10:48

I was recently told by my father that I would be safe giving our staffy raw rib bones as then can be chewed up and digested.

Off I went to the buthers and got some free of charge Smile im keen to feed them on a regular basis to help with teeth cleaning and the bad breath problem but are they safe?

She has had a few and seems fine but have noticed one has a triangluar shape broken off (only approx 1cm) but makes me wonder if they could be sharp edges ingested?

we have tried alsorts in the past and she eats everything from Kong toys to nyla bones and logs from the garden she finds.

she has managed to break the tips off her canine teeth even though we dont play fetch like we did with out last staffie and dont ever engourage her to play with anything hard. how does every stop teeth being broken?

atlime
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Bones Empty Re: Bones

Post by Guest Sat May 14 2011, 11:26

Teeth get broken from chewing on really hard things like knuckle bones/marrow bones. Things like ribs/necks/spines are softer & can be chewed & digested far more easily.

Always give raw bones, never cooked.

How did she break her teeth?

Back to top Go down

Post by atlime Sat May 14 2011, 19:16

She did have some knuckle bones at one point so suspect it was that.

Will stay away in future.

atlime

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 15 2011, 00:40

They're ok for the occasional treat, but I would always recommend the 'softer' bones - they're still good for strengthening the teeth, but aren't likely to chip them or wear them down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down