Raw diet

3 posters

Go down

Raw diet Empty Raw diet

Post by sikri002 Wed Jan 08 2014, 19:57

Hey one and all hope everyone is well!

I wanted to find out from the community how they felt about about feeding dogs a raw diet and how long one should feed their dog on a raw diet?

Online is a very controversial playground with opinions varying in the masses. I have found myself listening and trusting a lot more in this forum then the so called 'professionals' online.

All replies would be greatly appreciated also any material that helped you on making a decision for or against and the diet you found most appropriate?

Many thanks
sikri002
sikri002
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lobo
Dog(s) Ages : 8-12 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Raw diet Empty Re: Raw diet

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08 2014, 20:14

I will ONLY feed a raw diet, my dogs come to me and onto raw the same day and have fed it for years now, IMO it's the best diet you can give a dog.
https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t14787-raw-diet

To me dogs are carnivores and should be fed as such, which is why fruit/veg has little to no benefits to a dog and so i don't give it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08 2014, 20:16

I've been feeding Darcy raw since 31/10/2013 I changed because she had so many allergies and we feared her dry food was a contributing factor, plus the benefits of feeding raw too, since changing she looks amazing (I'm biased) her allergies have calmed 80/90% better and she is excited at every meal! have a read through this it helped me along the way.

http://preymodelraw.com/page/articles.html/_/raw-chat/how-to-get-started-feeding-a-prey-model-raw-diet-r19

Back to top Go down

Post by _Jason_ Wed Jan 08 2014, 20:33

ella wrote:I will ONLY feed a raw diet, my dogs come to me and onto raw the same day and have fed it for years now, IMO it's the best diet you can give a dog.

To me dogs are carnivores and should be fed as such, which is why fruit/veg has little to no benefits to a dog and so i don't give it

The women at pets at home the other day was telling me to add fruit and veg etc,i was like no i wont be doing that theres no need,she was like dogs should get that because thats what they would of ate in the wild,so i just changed subject as i couldnt be bothered listning to someone who doesnt really know alot about raw it seemed.she also told me to add carbs to his meal
_Jason_
_Jason_
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : July 4th
Dog Gender(s) : boy
Support total : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Jan 08 2014, 22:48

I changed to raw about 3 months ago and would not go back to dry now  Big Grin 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09 2014, 15:49

I changed to raw nearly a year ago and won't look back Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 09 2014, 17:52

Broxi wrote:
ella wrote:I will ONLY feed a raw diet, my dogs come to me and onto raw the same day and have fed it for years now, IMO it's the best diet you can give a dog.

The women at pets at home the other day was telling me to add fruit and veg etc,i was like no i wont be doing that theres no need,she was like dogs should get that because thats what they would of ate in the wild,so i just changed subject as i couldnt be bothered listning to someone who doesnt really know alot about raw it seemed.she also told me to add carbs to his meal

lol next time ask her if she knows that dog actually get most of their energy from digesting fat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down