Raw diet

2 posters

Go down

Raw diet Empty Raw diet

Post by Staffy lover Thu Apr 12 2012, 13:21

http://naturesmenu.co.uk/products/Frozen_Nuggets/Frozen_Nuggets/
http://naturesmenu.co.uk/products/Frozen_Complete_Blocks/Frozen_Complete_Bocks/

As I have had some feeding problems of dried dog food with Pixee lately, changed a few, and still she turns her nose up at it. Now she has started turning her nose up with it mixed in wet human food. While I am not too sure about the raw diet for her yet, I came across the above, has anyone tried those? They are fed raw, and seem somehow easier and less messy. I tried a small bag for the first time yesterday, and I have to admit I am suprised that Pixee although, not straight away last night, kept going back to it and finished it off. This morning she eat the whole lot. So perhaps she does perfer the raw diet? I also got some frozen chicken wings for her, but I chicken out of giving her a raw desfrozen one cos of the small bones? And yet I see some of you feed them without any problems, so advice please. She does love the beef bones from the butchers now and then. Thank you. Smile
Staffy lover
Staffy lover
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Raw diet Empty Re: Raw diet

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12 2012, 14:11

The nuggets are ok, but I prefer to include bones with the food. The act of ripping the meat off the bones cleans the teeth & leaves them sparkly clean! But if you just want a different complete food, then they do seem ok.

Chicken wings are fine as long as they're raw. the bones are quite bendy & don't snap the way cooked bones do so you don't get sharp points. If she looks like she's trying to swallow it whole, just hold on to the end of it until she realises that she can crunch it up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Apr 12 2012, 14:12

Caryll feeds the raw diet to Dempsey and it very knowledgable in it, I'm sure she will be along very soon.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 12 2012, 14:13

kathytake2 wrote:Caryll feeds the raw diet to Dempsey and it very knowledgable in it, I'm sure she will be along very soon.

Beat ya to it!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Thu Apr 12 2012, 14:17

Thank you and will try that chicken wing soon. If pixee continues to eat that raw food, I will try adding other things in that link which is on here all about the raw diet. Smile
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down