Thundershirt

3 posters

Go down

Thundershirt Empty Thundershirt

Post by jshrew Wed Jan 01 2014, 16:19

Managed to get one of these from Pets at Home as I wanted to try it on for size before buying. If you order online to collect in store it's 10% off which brought it closer to what I could get it for on Amazon etc

Well staff couldn't have been more helpful and good job I did try it as another dog had obviously tried it on before it was coated in white hair, without a second thought for the member of staff he offered me further discount if I didn't mind that one (£10 off the store price so I got it for £25)

It says in the info that it can take a few wears before you see the difference with your dogs behavior so I wasn't sure there would be enough time to see the effect for new year but it was worth a shot. The fireworks started early so Ledger was already worked up when I put it on him last night and yes he did still have a warning bark at the odd loud bang but he definitely was less stressed and panicy than he has been and slept most of the evening. At midnight I watched the Fireworks on TV (he is fine with these as had the desensitization DVD from the vet and can tell what is tv noise) and that drowned out a fair bit of what was going on outside again he had the odd walk to the back door and a single bark but came straight back and either lay on the rug or on the sofa next to me, no pacing, no shaking and no panic drinking from the water bowl and as soon as I opened the gate to the stairs he took himself up to bed and it was a struggle to get the shirt off him he just didn't want to move

Going to test it to work on some of his other anxiety issues next test leave him in the car without him trying to squeeze around the dog guard (needed at agility when I walk the courses etc), then hopefully stop him crying when my fella comes over and Ledger is no longer the centre of my attention

jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Thundershirt Empty Re: Thundershirt

Post by stella Wed Jan 01 2014, 19:57

glad you found it helped jules,i use thundershirt and sprayed with dap spray and sasha was so much better with fireworks,bonus you got it cheaper too  thumbs up 
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down