Kathy
reuben
Sazzle
Sara n Ozzy
debs0109
stella
14 posters

Go down

Why would you want dogs like that ! Empty Why would you want dogs like that !

Post by martaz Wed Dec 11 2013, 17:32

Just had a to do with an oldish fellow...
I walked around the park avoiding other people with dogs as my bitch doesnt like dogs coming close. But this old berk stood right at the exit gate useing a ball launcher while im walking past, he see me coming a long way off & must of see me put my dogs on leads. I simply asked while walki g past if he could just give me a couple of minutes to pass, I was greeted with "why would you want dogs like that" ... I said a few colourfull words & then got told to f@ck myself !
To which his dog has come right over to us & my bitch had ago, he said all he wants to do is play ...... BUT MINE DONT...
Arrrhhh

Last edited by martaz on Wed Dec 11 2013, 17:51; edited 1 time in total
martaz
martaz
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

Why would you want dogs like that ! Empty Re: Why would you want dogs like that !

Post by stella Wed Dec 11 2013, 17:44

sounds like a charming man,not!
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Why would you want dogs like that ! Empty Re: Why would you want dogs like that !

Post by debs0109 Wed Dec 11 2013, 17:54

Some people  angry 
debs0109
debs0109
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Why would you want dogs like that ! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : MIA
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year 7 months
Dog Gender(s) : FEMALE
Support total : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11 2013, 18:44

Idiot!  angry 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara n Ozzy Wed Dec 11 2013, 19:08

Absolute tool! Doesn't deserve to have a dog himself
Sara n Ozzy
Sara n Ozzy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ozzy
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Dec 11 2013, 19:47

What an idiot  angry 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11 2013, 20:41

What an idiot! Trouble is, you can't win!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11 2013, 20:43

He gives us oldies a bad name, sorry you came across a daft one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12 2013, 06:39

angry idiot. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Thu Dec 12 2013, 08:01

Lynda wrote:He gives us oldies a bad name, sorry you came across a daft one.

Ditto!!
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by yeahbut Thu Dec 12 2013, 09:49

I usually say 'I'm friendly, but my dog may not be'. However, there's nothing you can do when dealing with an idiot.

yeahbut

Status Status :

Support total : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Thu Dec 12 2013, 11:57

When anyone asks me that, I usually say " TBH, I didn't fully realise exactly what I was taking on when I got him. No one explained how my famly and I would be the recipients of so much loyalty and love from a dog who also demands cuddles and kisses and thinks he is a lap dog. I think the fact that he doesn't take well to unfamiliar dogs is a small price to pay."
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 12 2013, 13:04

What a moron. Hope your nerves are ok!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Dec 12 2013, 13:55

at wits end Some people are so frustrating
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Steviec Thu Dec 12 2013, 13:57

to be fair i think the same about every other breed except a bully breed, although i wouldn't openly say that to anyone.

he sounded an idiot, never experienced that before. i have experienced people crossing the road with their pets because they think cass is going to savage them to death....all thanks to the media.
Steviec
Steviec
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Cassius
Dog(s) Ages : Born 24/5/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Steviec Thu Dec 12 2013, 14:00

actually thats a lie, i like rottys, GS, dobermans, labs and spaniels. just not the little pain in the backside snappy dogs or fashion accessory type dogs.
Steviec
Steviec

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil. Thu Dec 12 2013, 14:34

I dont think it should be a case of i like this breed but not that breed , true dog lovers like all breeds but prefer specific dogs , they should also be respectfull to other owners and their dog of choice.
Neil.
Neil.

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Roxi
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by yeahbut Thu Dec 12 2013, 15:05

Agree with Neil. Besides, I like cats as well.

yeahbut

Status Status :

Support total : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Steviec Thu Dec 12 2013, 15:12

Why not? i don't like particular breeds. It doesn't make me less of a dog lover than anyone else nor does it mean i'm disrespectful to the owner and dog of their choice.
Steviec
Steviec

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Sat Dec 14 2013, 10:37

This gets on my nerves worst of all when they look down there nose at you and cross the road and its there little rat on legs yappin its head off ... Rant over Smile
Eddie
Eddie
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Eddie
Dog(s) Ages : 8 month
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by newowner Sat Dec 14 2013, 11:31

That really annoys me some people seem to forget that ALL dogs can be dangerous especially in wrong hands. We rescued a jack Russell when he was 4 about 10years ago. He's sadly past away but I remember when out on walks people thought oh what a gorgeous dog but didnt believe me he bite other dogs even tho he was always on lead.

newowner

Status Status :

Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14 2013, 18:55

sounds lovely!

Back to top Go down

Post by TS06 Mon Dec 16 2013, 00:18

It's just ignorant canine racism. Walking the dog is a relaxing part of the day, so to be snapped out of your peace by mindless aggression feels even more shocking.

Personally, I've decided to treat racist overtures with good humour initially, in case the person really can be educated. I find that it takes the wind out of idiots and occasionally,  lets me tell others about what fabulous dogs Staffies are Smile
TS06
TS06
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Steviec Mon Dec 16 2013, 09:21

newowner wrote:That really annoys me some people seem to forget that ALL dogs can be dangerous especially in wrong hands. We rescued a jack Russell when he was 4 about 10years ago. He's sadly past away but I remember when out on walks people thought oh what a gorgeous dog but didnt believe me he bite other dogs even tho he was always on lead.

this is a breed i don't like and for good reason, my mum had a jack russell when she was young, it bite her on her face and almost took her lip off. my grandad had it destroyed straight away.

we used to live near a farm years ago, they had jack russells on their farm. if ever you walked even close to their house they would come flying out and attack you. a number of times they did damage to neighbours etc.

they can be nasty pieces of work.
Steviec
Steviec

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16 2013, 09:56

i am sure their must be some dog friendly jack russells out their but I've yet to meet one I have a person not far from me who has got 2 and every time we meet they are always very aggressive to my dogs...I don't like the breed just my choice....

Back to top Go down

Post by martaz Mon Dec 16 2013, 16:53

OMG … Don't get me started on Jack Russells , My neighbour has one & so does my father in law, sorry but I can't stand them, These are dangerous dogs but because there small and people make allowances for them.

Im still bitter about it but like said above "you can't win" which does my head in even more…. That idiot knew nothing about me or my dogs yet he already come to the conclusion I was a yob with 2 trophy dogs before I even got near him, in fact he probably done it to get a reaction.

Last edited by martaz on Mon Dec 16 2013, 16:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell when Im not happy)
martaz
martaz

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TS06 Mon Dec 16 2013, 21:13

martaz wrote:Im still bitter about it but like said above "you can't win" which does my head in even more…. That idiot knew nothing about me or my dogs yet he already come to the conclusion I was a yob with 2 trophy dogs before I even got near him, in fact he probably done it to get a reaction.

I know it's easy to say this, but the best outcome is where idiots don't receive the reaction they want. Remember the table is tilted and people will think badly of us if we display any anger. Educating people is the only way round this and it will take time to change perceptions. Also, some people who appear to be idiots are prepared to hear you out. For example, the conversation could go like this:

Q: "Why do you keep dogs like that?"

A: "They are brilliant dogs. What would you like to know?"

TS06
TS06

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16 2013, 21:38

I like this TS06; it's an approach I take myself when I encounter negative reactions to the breed of my dog (even if I feel mad inside). Fury, effing and blinding will only re-inforce the other person's prejudice.

Back to top Go down

Post by martaz Mon Dec 16 2013, 22:00

I fully agree...... but the situation could have been alot different if I had someone to hold the dogs, but in a way it probably did me a favour as I had time to cool down.
I had my old dog 17 years & never came across anyone who was as outspoken about the breed even though I know many just thought it but kept it to themselfs
martaz
martaz

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TS06 Mon Dec 16 2013, 22:27

martaz wrote:..the situation could have been alot different if I had someone to hold the dogs, but in a way it probably did me a favour as I had time to cool down

Ha, yes, this is a very good point. Often when such circumstances arise, in addition to being surprised by unexpected unpleasantness, we are also distracted by having to bring a situation under control. It's difficult to be at our best Smile
TS06
TS06

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffienoob Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:14

I never had any vocab with them but the body language speaks volumes , me and lexi bumped into a lady with a jack russell , lexi did her usual lie down stance and wagged her tail the other dog was wanting to see her too the woman point blank ignored us and dragged her dog away, poor lexi does a pathetic upset sounding cry when shes wanting to go and play but cant and this was no exception maybe its me and forgets lexi is still a baby and wants to play and i need to teach her theres a limit or some people think their dogs are too good for staffies either way lexi doesnt understand why some people dont like her shes just a 9 month old cuddle monster that wants to play
Staffienoob
Staffienoob

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lexi
Dog(s) Ages : 6 month
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down