A funny reaction in Manchester yesterday

4 posters

Go down

A funny reaction in Manchester yesterday Empty A funny reaction in Manchester yesterday

Post by asa-james Sat Dec 07 2013, 17:51

I took Lola to Manchester for a wander round the markets yesterday, mostly great positive reactions. At one point, a man dressed in trackies, puffer jacket and a big male staffy on a chain lead came the other way, well behaved dog and a smile and nod from the owner. As I walked on, two older guys in front of me started talking of staffies, I didn't catch all of it, but it didn't sound positive. One of them turned to see where he had gone, clocked me and Lola, turned back to his friend and said "er, there's one behind us"

They stopped to let me past, I just smiled, nodded and said "hi, thanks..." And wandered on.

Other than that, lots of fuss, lots of "I've got one/had one" and even a well dressed, uppity looking woman going all gooey for Lola Smile
asa-james
asa-james
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

A funny reaction in Manchester yesterday Empty Re: A funny reaction in Manchester yesterday

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07 2013, 18:00

There's always one ain't the Rolling Eyes sounds like you both had fun Smile

Back to top Go down

A funny reaction in Manchester yesterday Empty Re: A funny reaction in Manchester yesterday

Post by jo garnett Sat Dec 07 2013, 18:38

We were walking the girls today and they were being particularly 'pully/whiney/chloe making pig noises' when a very well-to-do man that we know jogged past us. I thought 'oh gawd did we have to meet him just now' and he just said 'wow what lovely dogs you have'...... I think/hope opinions are changing a bit......
jo garnett
jo garnett

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Lola and Chloe
Dog(s) Ages : both 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Both female
Support total : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Dec 07 2013, 20:37

I guess they just felt a bit embarrased about what they had been saying when they saw you behind them. It would be a boring world if we were all the same.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07 2013, 20:51

You did well Asa. No aggressive reaction, just calmly demonstrating that Staffies are just dogs, same as any other, and that not all Staffs belong to thugs. Well done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara n Ozzy Sat Dec 07 2013, 20:57

Glad there are less ignorant people about hope Lola had funand not too many ghluweins! We went the other week, would have been too busy for Oz
Sara n Ozzy
Sara n Ozzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ozzy
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 956

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Sat Dec 07 2013, 22:58

It was a bit busy, Lola was done for after an hour or so, we ended up just wandering round the rest if Manchester for a bit. Not because I get lost easily or anything...
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down