Help with my 3year old bitch who wont stop urinating and pooing in the house

Go down

Help with my 3year old bitch who wont stop urinating and pooing in the house Empty Help with my 3year old bitch who wont stop urinating and pooing in the house

Post by rubyandange Tue Sep 21 2010, 12:10

Im hopin someone can help me my 3 year old bitch has been peeing and pooing in my house several times a day for the past 4 weeks she goes for walks 3 times a day for 30 mins at a time im currently working from my home too so im here everyday with her the back door is left constantly open for her but she prefers to do it in my new home, she not fussy where she goes either in the dining room where she sleeps or in my living room there used to be a dog who lived here previously and when we moved in the smell of dog urine was horrendous so i had the carpets ripped up and new ones put down but my dog RUBY is still messing i have caught her in the act and and rubbed her nose in it and told her off but she not botherin, she used to be house trained and never did this before i have owned her since she was 8 weeks old and am at the end of my tether i really dont know what else to do PLEASE HELP
rubyandange
rubyandange
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Help with my 3year old bitch who wont stop urinating and pooing in the house Empty Re: Help with my 3year old bitch who wont stop urinating and pooing in the house

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21 2010, 12:33

rubyandange wrote:i have caught her in the act and and rubbed her nose in it

PLEASE don't do this again, it's very unpleasant & it won't do any good anyway!

You don't say how long ago you moved in, but it sounds as though she's trying to get the house to smell of her rather than the old dog. All you can do is be patient. Try taking her into the garden every 30 minutes for the next couple of weeks and praising her when she goes outside. If she goes inside, don't yell at her, just ignore what she's done & lead her outside. Leave her there while you clear up & always use a dog deodoriser spray on areas that she's soiled so that she won't be led back to the same spot.

Back to top Go down

Help with my 3year old bitch who wont stop urinating and pooing in the house Empty Re: Help with my 3year old bitch who wont stop urinating and pooing in the house

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21 2010, 13:10

You'll just have to go right back to basics with her....Start taking her outside yourself every 30mins/1 hr and stand with her till she goes then lots of praise & a high value treat and maybe a frase like 'go wee's' or what ever you want when she does it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21 2010, 13:47

yip i would deffently agree with the last two posts she is trying to get her smell in the house even taking the carpets out if the urine is soked into the floor boards you might not be able to smell it but she sure will if it dont improve you may have to have the carpets back up and floorboards scrubed and deoderised. and the back to basics route is deff the way to go and rubbing her nose in it has and never will work all it will do is cause her to be untrusting of you Smile its nothing personal

Last edited by bigwazza on Tue Sep 21 2010, 13:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down