toilet training

2 posters

Go down

toilet training Empty toilet training

Post by donsey Fri Nov 22 2013, 22:15

hi
Bailey is now 20 weeks old he is crate at night and when we go out when we had him i used to put newspaper down in one half of his crate for him to do his mess on and have slowly been reducing it
i replaced with a bed inside his crate and the first two nights he didnt mess at all on the third night he ripped the bed to pieces so i replaced and he did the same thing so i have now just given him some old towels but for the last week his has started to mess in this crate most of the time he has cocked leg up the side of the crate and most of it is outside but today while out he pooped in crate i have washed the area and crate with non bio soap powder everytime his has messed but this doesnt seem to be working
at night i take him out before bed at 10 ish and he does a poo and wee but still im getting up at 6 to find mess again
he is fed three times a day and is on arden grange
im not sure what else to do and how long this will go on for as my last dog was fully house trained at 12 weeks

any advise welcome.

donsey
donsey
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Millie & Bailey
Dog(s) Ages : 4 1/2 yrs & 25 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Female & Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

toilet training Empty Re: toilet training

Post by Kell Sat Nov 23 2013, 00:04

I personally do not use a crate, I am sure someone who does will be along shortly.

As a puppy, I found that allowing Chiquito to sleep with me at night stopped him messing in his bed (he had previously slept in a seperate room in his bed). I also provided a kong at night to keep him busy with something other than his bed Smile
Kell
Kell
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chiquito and Sheba
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013 and 13/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 304

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 23 2013, 00:13

The whole area should be cleaned with biological washing powder/liquid (not non-bio). The enzymes in it will help to completely get rid of any lingering smell.

Pups often go back a step before they're fully house trained. What I'd do (and I know it's a pain) is get up during the night to let him out. I would get up at about 4am with Dempsey, let him into the garden to relieve himself, and then straight back to bed with no fuss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down