feeding tray food

2 posters

Go down

feeding tray food Empty feeding tray food

Post by janfrost489 Tue Oct 29 2013, 14:16

Hi everyone I have to feed wet food in with Sasha's dry food as she wont eat iton its own. Can anyone explain to me why the tray food I have tried wainwrites and naturo both are puppy food give her bad wind. She has natural bio yoghurt and scrambled egg too which she loves and is fine with but if I give her the other stuff 30-60 minutes later gas mask time. Thanks as always for any advice x

Last edited by Kathy on Tue Oct 29 2013, 15:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved to Staffy Diet & Nutrition)
janfrost489
janfrost489
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 06/05/2013
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

feeding tray food Empty Re: feeding tray food

Post by Guest Tue Oct 29 2013, 14:38

Sounds like the wet food is not agreeing with her, have you tried sardines, a little cooked mince or a fresh raw egg? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janfrost489 Tue Oct 29 2013, 14:44

Yes I have tried sardines but she got fed up with it and refused them. She loves a raw or scrambled egg with no milk but im not sure if she can have an egg every day she also has bio yoghurt in the morning. The thing about the pet mince that I was worried about was that she would only eat the mince and leave her dry food which I dont want her to do. The only dry food she has ever eaten was royal canine which I got from my vets but they dont always have it in stock when I need it x
janfrost489
janfrost489

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 06/05/2013
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by gnarlymilk Tue Oct 29 2013, 15:41

I have gone back and forth with raw feeding adding extras to dry and w/e to try to get Jagger to eat. Sometimes he even leaves dry food with mixed in chicken or w/e.. We do 2 feedings a day little over a cup each time, morning and night. Jagger gets about 15-30 min to finish his meal if its not finished it is picked up and put back in the container (unless I have mixed other stuff in with the dry) and he will get another opportunity to eat at dinner time. We had a issue with him eating at first but once we went on this "hardcore" schedule 99% of the time he will eat most of his food. If he licks it clean in the morning I give him a lil more at night, if he leaves some in the morning I give him the same amount at night. he is almost 13 weeks and is steadily gaining weight and growing, active and a fun loving puppy. I compare this feeding method to humans, some times we are just not hungry. I came up with this from my kids mostly my 4 year old. Some times she is acting out and Will Not Eat.. so She has gone to bed with little to no dinner but I will tell you 1 thing! She wakes up and eats a great breakfast Tongues I say as long as your pup ( lol and kids ! ) are growing, healthy, playful and all other normal behaviour then don't beat your self up over a missed feeding Smile
gnarlymilk
gnarlymilk
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : JAgger
Dog(s) Ages : Puppy
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down